Are You Serious?

guys- I know aTm has taken a huge blow, and will miss Gillespie very much, but honestly- why the hostility?

Why are we mad at the man who came in to the laughing stock of NCAA basketball and turned it into a legitimate contender in 3 years?!?!?  I wouldn't mind all the anger if he didn't have his reasons to go...but KU is pretty much the pinnacle of college basketball coaching, and I know none of you guys would turn down your dream job, especially if it came with a fat raise!

I am the number 1 fan of anything aTm, and am truly thankful to BCG for making my school that much better. He is an amazing coach and a pretty good guy. I do not blame him, and wish him luck at his new job!

stop hating a man for doing something we only wish we could!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

As I have stated before... I dont hate him for moving on to better things and wanting to further his career.. Fine by me.. But the attitude up here and around College Station is simply this... We would all have wished BCG the best of luck and sent him away with a good feeling, but to be such a snake about it was wrong... For his players and recruits to find out the news by waking up, turning on SportsCenter and seeing THEIR coach in a Kentucky sports jacket is not a manly way to go out... I dont hate him for moving on with his career, but he could have done it very differently

Guest WBFan09

i agree that you shouldnt hate the guy but alot of people are having problems because of how he left...verbal comittment to a&m and then without even telling his players or anyone hops on a plane and signs the kentucky contract ...thats the big deal here... i think  ???

Trust me, if BCG had asked Kentucky to hold off the press conference until Friday Evening, allowing him to at least talk to his players and recruits, they would have let him... It wasnt like it really mattered when they had their stupid pep rally... they couldve even done it saturday or next week... All he had to do was ask UK to give him time to speak with his players... Something most coaches do in that situation...

Guest WBFan09

He also showed that you can win at a&m, making it that much easier to attract another quality coach.

yea JT and BPM are right another quality basketball coach will come along for a&m...they arent exactly doomed and if a&m ends up playing kentucky...just give it time

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder