LCM @ PNG predictions Wednesday

Guest tabasco

I'm betting that errors have a major outcome on the game. PNG can't expect to make as many as they did against Vidor and come out on top...LCM has been on a slide in the last two weeks...Hard to tell if that will continue or if they are really hungry for a win...Stone has pulled up three JV kids that have done well on JV. I'm guessing that he is tooling these kids to use them in post-season play, as 2 of them are batting around .550...The other has been pitching very well....

PNG is going to have a exciting time with Nederland and LCM both, this week...

I'm picking PNG 8-6....

I'm betting that errors have a major outcome on the game. PNG can't expect to make as many as they did against Vidor and come out on top...LCM has been on a slide in the last two weeks...Hard to tell if that will continue or if they are really hungry for a win...Stone has pulled up three JV kids that have done well on JV. I'm guessing that he is tooling these kids to use them in post-season play, as 2 of them are batting around .550...The other has been pitching very well....

PNG is going to have a exciting time with Nederland and LCM both, this week...

I'm picking PNG 8-6....

Call me crazy.....but a team that's 19 - 4?  Sounds pretty hungry to me.

Guest tabasco

Call me crazy.....but a team that's 19 - 4?  Sounds pretty hungry to me.

I believe I qualified what I said by referring to their record in the last two weeks...District record is all that counts for getting to the post season. That is where they are struggling right now, in district. Their overall record is very good, but they are slipping in district ranking. I haven't seen the state coaches poll yet, but I'm reasonably sure that they have fallen out of the top ten ranking, although that ranking is nice, it's not worth anything other than a pat on the back.

I believe I qualified what I said by referring to their record in the last two weeks...District record is all that counts for getting to the post season. That is where they are struggling right now, in district. Their overall record is very good, but they are slipping in district ranking. I haven't seen the state coaches poll yet, but I'm reasonably sure that they have fallen out of the top ten ranking, although that ranking is nice, it's not worth anything other than a pat on the back.

I think the LCM folks are aware of how the rankings work.  I'm sure they are also aware of how much ball is left in the district race and what has to be done to make the play-offs.  Considering the pre-season outlook for this very young team was dismal at best, I'd say they should be proud of their current spot in the district race.  Couldn't help but interpret your post as sour grapes.

Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the way.

Harrington versus Brown should make for a great matchup of young southeast texas pitchers.  They have both shown that setx baseball will be in goods hands for the years to come.

I say this one could go to extras and will come down to which team blinks first.

Their record in the last two weeks....wouldn't that include only a loss to Vidor?  They played you guys several weeks back, right?  Wow.....such high standards....lose one game, win the rest and your district rank is slipping?  From where I sit it seems the Bears are right where they want to be sitting in second.  Bet they'd be sitting even prettier after a win over the Indians.  LCM is hard to beat once....good luck doing it twice...even if you do have 3 really good JV players.

Either way....Stone and Griff are both class acts...good luck to both.

And by the way, since you missed it....April 2nd poll has LCM at Number 7.  Just FYI

LCM knocked me out of the playoffs with a kid named Mike Perkins that threw major heat and #2 pitcher ( Kip something -played @ SHSU ). For that reason only, I gotta pull for PNG. Should be a great matchup by two very good teams.

Good luck to both. Wish I could be there to see it !

Their record in the last two weeks....wouldn't that include only a loss to Vidor?  They played you guys several weeks back, right?  Wow.....such high standards....lose one game, win the rest and your district rank is slipping?  From where I sit it seems the Bears are right where they want to be sitting in second.  Bet they'd be sitting even prettier after a win over the Indians.  LCM is hard to beat once....good luck doing it twice...even if you do have 3 really good JV players.

Either way....Stone and Griff are both class acts...good luck to both.

And by the way, since you missed it....April 2nd poll has LCM at Number 7.  Just FYI

yeah even though the JV players dont play  their there for pinch running  and we will see what happens about the thing you say about LCM beating PNG  i dont see that happening but it might you never know  im not saying nothing  they been working hard because how there struggling  i think they will come to play because they saw what happened last week against Ozen and they know they can be beat and so they got to step it up and start playing there kind of ball they were playing at the beginning of district 

Should be very interesting  i say PNG by 3 or 4  just from the mometum they have coming off the ozen game

Guest tabasco

I think the LCM folks are aware of how the rankings work.  I'm sure they are also aware of how much ball is left in the district race and what has to be done to make the play-offs.  Considering the pre-season outlook for this very young team was dismal at best, I'd say they should be proud of their current spot in the district race.  Couldn't help but interpret your post as sour grapes.

Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the way.

No "sour grapes" intended, you misread what I was stating. Yes, a 18-4 record is to be admired. I'm fully aware of the "youth" of this team.

Should be a good game tomorrow evening...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124