Best Returning players in 22-4a? Please Reply

Indian Pride it's cool that you like thompson so much but are you like his parent or something? Already like 3 posts saying how good he is... We know you're a big fan , but it seems to me and I'm sure to other readers here that you have no faith whatsoever in the other players. But hey it's cool one player can't win it all for them... But I do admire your dedication but still..... :-\

IndianPride evidently you have never seen Ward play.I got a chance to watch Nederlands entry in Coopers tourney last weekend and Ward was better than anyone they had on the floor.Not downing Nederland but your comment was uncalled for.Ward was solid this year and is the most unselfish player I have seen in years.Thats a lost art these days.

Hey Hoopskid. I am not a parent just a huge fan of the kid! You need to learn to speak for yourself and not everyone else. I am pretty sure he would dominate you, and is a better player than yourself! Don't discriminate on kids who are getting recongnized for their talent  >:(

Guest ltownbaseball9

Ward isn't legit give me a break Lumberton doesn't have one good player on the team......A guy that is Legit is Dugat and ward can't compare to him and don't put him up there with legit players....hes a OK player at BEST

Evidently you know less about basketball than you do manners and I thought that was impossible.Johnathan Ward is a very solid basketball player,he is the kind of kid who works extremely hard and will make the kids around him better.The new coach down there will turn them around and Ward will be one of the guys to start it.

Guest ltownbaseball9

He's not even in the top 40 best players in this area......and not even in the top 20 in the district.....just because you play aau ball doesn't me crap.........he can't dribble can't shoot.....he can just jump alright........plays dumb and makes stupid passes.....

He was on the all district team ,so someone thought he was in the top 20.I watched him play last year and watched him play 4 games in Chad Coopers tourney last weekend.The kid passes the ball well and hustles every second he is on the floor.The tournament team he is on includes Jarvis Bernard,Josh Payne and Ryan Weldon from HJ.Marcus Malbrough from WB,Stephen Moten and Derek Savoy from Ozen and Paul Sims from Warren.Not any scrubs in the group.Give him a break he may help turn your Raiders around.

Guest ltownbaseball9

I mean every team is going to have a all-district player just do give a the team one........help turn lumberton team around he's going to be a senior..they have no players on there team to help turn that team around you got to have some players.........and ward is a OK player not a good player.........I don't care who he plays with in AAU that stuff is overated why play AAU when hes not going to go play college anywhere for basketball.....the people that should play aau are the players that have a goood chance to go play college and he doesn't its just a waste of time for him playing AAU

VCBasketball15...Palermo was our starting center, he was a senior. Bad attitude? What team do you refer of that he sat most of the game? You shouldn't question his all-district, that's attackin his game...He is a great player, but I can agree with his attitude problem, but that shouldn't be an issue on his talent.  ;D Just watch for him next year,he will turn things around.

Man its Lumberton give me a break they don't have one guy on that team that can make this team GO.......and  yes AAU is overated the players that have the talent and can go play at the college level should play but guys that are just OK shouldn't expecially when he's supposed to be a better football player.......Last time Lumberton has had talent was back when they had Sebek, and chapman and the year they went to the playoffs back in 2000

I mean every team is going to have a all-district player just do give a the team one........help turn lumberton team around he's going to be a senior..they have no players on there team to help turn that team around you got to have some players.........and ward is a OK player not a good player.........I don't care who he plays with in AAU that stuff is overated why play AAU when hes not going to go play college anywhere for basketball.....the people that should play aau are the players that have a goood chance to go play college and he doesn't its just a waste of time for him playing AAU

It's not a waste of his time if it improves his game.He is a junior and will definitely help the Lumberton team.If only college bound kids played in the off season there would be a lot of 1 on 1 games.The teams you see in the regular season that are successful all have lots of kids who play some sort of organized ball in the off season.Ward plays pretty well and is the type of hard worker that will help turn a program around.You gotta start somewhere and Coach Henry will definitely use Ward to get Lumberton started in the right direction.They are however in a brutal district.

whsalum,

I think the point trying to be made is that Lumberton has no one who is really a top notch player.

But that is the beauty of teams like yours, they are teams and must work hard and play together as a team to be even moderately successful.

A 3rd place finish for Lumberton = state appearance for schools that really do have talent. I'm not trying to bash you guys but that is the cold hard reality of it.

I have to respectfully disagree.The topic was best returning players(plural)in 22-4a.With each team listed.I am not from Lumberton and the last game I saw them play I officiated.I do know talent when I see it and if I had to build a team in Lumberton it would definitely have Ward on it.You would be amazed at what can happen when you get a hard working bunch of kids,a good coach and a couple of skilled players.I have seen Ward play on tournament teams with some really good players and he holds his own.

I agree we got off topic. If this Ward kid is their best player than that is what the thread was about. I have seen Lumberton a couple times in the last few years and they have not had anyone who could take over a game. They played as a team and usually were in the game. Same with PN-G. They never seem to have great players (Although Duriso? several years ago was very good) and yet they stay with most teams they play. This is a credit to the kids and their coaches.

ltownbaseball before u start dissing the players that go to the same school u do (once again) u might wanna consider the talent that the baseball team has....and yet with the so called crappy ward on the basketball team how many district games did lumberton win??..5 i think...at this point thats about 5 more than the baseball team has won..sorry.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami