Beaumont West Brook at Port Neches-Groves Scrimmage/Post updates here!

png9mon

We were missing a couple of players but looked pretty good. WB is big and fast. The inability for either team QB to run really affected the game. Both QBs are very talented, but you could tell their instincts cause them to run to close to defenders and they would be whistled down. 

I thought PNG struggled on the O-line. I seen one of the starting offensive lineman from last year playing mainly defense last night. I'm not sure if that's permanent or what. I know in a real game they would have had RJ on the move throwing the ball or running. WB's front is good and they dominated us. RJ didn't have time to throw the ball at all. I don't like to single player's out but we still have a problem in the secondary. We had WB in 3rd and 4th and long and they would throw it deep and complete it. That has to get fixed. We watched it last year and it's still not fixed. I'm not sure how a WR can get so wide open. If we don't get that fixed were going to be in a lot of track meets. 

15 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

I thought PNG struggled on the O-line. I seen one of the starting offensive lineman from last year playing mainly defense last night. I'm not sure if that's permanent or what. I know in a real game they would have had RJ on the move throwing the ball or running. WB's front is good and they dominated us. RJ didn't have time to throw the ball at all. I don't like to single player's out but we still have a problem in the secondary. We had WB in 3rd and 4th and long and they would throw it deep and complete it. That has to get fixed. We watched it last year and it's still not fixed. I'm not sure how a WR can get so wide open. If we don't get that fixed were going to be in a lot of track meets. 

Probably the fact that Brook has probably one of the most talented receiver corps in the state.  I believe 4 of them have multiple d-1 offers.  Those kids can go and will get open and make plays all season against any competition...

O-Line is big and does really well run blocking. Still need cohesiveness pass blocking and identifying who will get who.

Im happy with the run D. L'Ravien didnt run but his rb did and I think the did well against him. Nichols on the D line is a help.

Secondary will tackle you this year if they can catch you, still have major coverage issues though.

I'm hoping its a result of the scrimmage format but I would like to see more chemistry between the Shug and the Wrs.

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Probably the fact that Brook has probably one of the most talented receiver corps in the state.  I believe 4 of them have multiple d-1 offers.  Those kids can go and will get open and make plays all season against any competition...

Yess I wouldn’t fret, you won’t see another WR corps like that until Late November early December I think 2 are already committed to North Texas