33 and done

coach bear

On Tuesday my retirement from 33 years of coaching in east Harris county schools is official. I have been an avid fan of this site,  lurking online to not upset any future employer as I was heavy into trying to land my first head coaching gig. Never happened, bridesmaid 4-5 times. I got a great sales job opportunity from a fellow alumni Marlin Bulldog and started 2 weeks ago in jasper. Just wanted to say love your discussions, your passions, and so do other coaches. Some of your viewpoints are spot on, some ridiculous. Just because you haven't coached high school ball doesn't mean you're wrong. Unfortunately some high school  coaches act like bill O'Brien and talk down to everyone not in the club. That is just insecurities on their part and I hope the Texans overcome bad head coaching again, thank God Romeo Cornell is back. I will be an active member now along with other boards. I know of smoak for my central, deep east fix but is there a site for Houston area?

coach bear

In fact I was in the jewel of the forest a couple of weeks ago. Met an impressive young coach, coach Bronson. I was there training for my new job. The company i now work for is Txtreme and we do the football programs for many schools in Texas along with sport posters and police/fire posters. I spoke to several coaches and players and was impressed. I told them i felt that this may be the year to get West Orange since they lost so many starters. I know of West orange and its legend, so much because I worked with Andre Bevil a couple of years, another fine young coach. Once a bulldog always a bulldog, so i will be pulling for Jasper. In fact i am so EXCITED for the season. True I won't be coaching but there is a sense of relief and an utter joy that i don't have to enter the classroom of tech zombies we call students. I started in 84, and boy education has changed. Still a lot of good kids, but the way it is run from the top allows for kids to be idiots--of course i am not talking about yours--they never do anything wrong?