*Dayton 14 Vidor 11 Final/Tuesday*

there is no differnece in him throwing 15 pitches and a guy that pitched the night before going to shortstop..i can promise yall he wont throw for 2 days..so i think he is taking care of..and dont worry about our coach hes a great coach...and acually all our coaches and every sport are good thats probably why we win..maybe yalls should come try to hire some!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

yea he showed alot of class last night!!!

back on topic..

Yall won last night, but we will play yall again..Good Luck to you..

wow he threw a hat not shot a guy...yall act like he killed the president or something..have yall never watched baseball before..you havent seen a coach argue a call..which it was a terrible call ....but gah get off of that..and the pitching...yall are the only ones crying about this cuz he came out and punked yall..

Congrats to Dayton on big win for them.  I think the long-range effect from this game, tho, will be the extent of Bunner's injury.  I hope his ankle is not broken and he is back on the field soon.  It would be a tough, tough loss for the Pirates if he was out.

Guest coach

Congrats to Dayton on big win for them.  I think the long-range effect from this game, tho, will be the extent of Bunner's injury.  I hope his ankle is not broken and he is back on the field soon.  It would be a tough, tough loss for the Pirates if he was out.

I agree Mif.

It was very sad to see him walk away on crutches last night.

When Vidor was coming back in the 6th  there were two runners left on base and his spot in the line up was up.and the inning after he left there were atleast 3 balls hit right to SS.His overall absence from the team will be felt.

Get this, the Dewey kid comes in and pitches the 6 and 7th innings after throwing a complete game last night and throwing 50 pitches on Saturday :o. can you say tommy john. If I'm this kids parents I would be ticked. The way they use him they are definitely risking injury and maybe even his future. This is a good looking kid on the mound, I just hate to see him get hurt because the coach doesn't know what he is doing.  It's guys like this that put winning before the kid and gives coaches a bad name.

Bash him if you want, but grandslam is 100% correct in my opinion.  

50+ pitches Saturday and then playing ss

120+ pitches Monday

20+ pitches Tuesday and then playing shortstop

100+ possibly if he starts Friday which it was written he will

300 a week plus throwing across the diamond will shorten a career, but maybe he is not a prospect and this is his last year to play any ball.  

Guest coach

Lucky Piratefan isnt on here anymore.He would be lighting you up on this message board..you would be sitting there with your keyboard speechless.

Why come on here and run your mouth to a bunch people who think they know everything about sports. Dayton won, Vidor lossed it's over. Who cares the reasons why. If Dayton wants to run their mouth, who cares they are probably a bunch of high school kids trying to act cool smack talking on the internet (by the way, it's pretty classless making fun of another school, so don't talk about Vidor being classless). And if you are adults, you should be ashamed for being obnoxious. And to the Vidor posters, don't even comment on what these clowns say, half of the stuff doesn't even deserve a response (maybe laughing at them). You people are clowns.

And to those Dayton fans who aren't acting ignorant, good game and good luck the rest of the way.

Guest Penny

Just to clarify... Someone earlier said there is no difference in pitching or throwing from short... HUGE DIFFERENCE, this is not correct.  Throwing off an elevated surface puts stress on the arm.  So there is a BIG difference in throwing from a flat surface and a mound. 

He gets his rest, with make-up games, district play starting, it has made for a pretty tight schedule. The whole team hasn't played under normal circumstances for the last week or so. We did what we needed to do to win. If our coach felt like it would have hurt Dewey's arm he wouldn't have used him. Andy Dewey is a class act and knows his limitations. 1-1/3 innings won't ruin his career.

It was a good game let's not ruin it.

Another thing, who cares if they pitched the kid? The fact is he came in and shut us down. You can't win every game. He did a good job, and if Vidor was in the same situation I would expect them to do the same thing. If the kid gets hurt, it was his decision. He could have said no my arm isn't feeling good or I don't want to wear out my arm, and the coach would have said ok. It doesn't matter who they pitched or how many times the threw him.

You guys need to get off the Dayton Coach and the whole issue of whether he used him too much or not.  The Dayton Coach knows his kids and their limitations.  I am sure he would not put anyone in harms way.    Congratulations to the Broncos and I hope that the kid from Vidor Gets well soon.

I believe we do quite well In track and basketball.

Matter of fact I believe our girls softball spanked yalls the other night by quite a few runs!!!

might want to check the other forums out before spitting out stats!

and by the way If i was a dayton baseball parent I would have been embarrassed of our coach if he acted like that the way he did last night..What a fool..!!

and I agreee with grand slam about the pitching..Heck the Astros could have pitched Clemens every night last year and won it all!!

WOW! Girls softball at Vidor really rocks!-----maybe you should suit up

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder