* Here Is Your SETXsports .com Player And Pitcher Of The Week*

Pitcher of the Week-David Murphy, West Brook (complete game vs Kingwood)

Player of the Week-Kelvin Thomas, Central (4 for 4 batting, 2 stolen bases, 2 game tieing RBI'S, 3 runs scored vs Nederland)

Honorable Mention-Tucker Muckleroy, Buna (Complete game, 16 Strikeouts, 2 singles, 1 walk, 2 unearned runs vs Hardin)

How does Murphy not get both player and pitcher of the week when he hit three homeruns in one game off of 5A state powerhouse Kingwood pitching? His first homerun was the second pitch of the game that got the ball rollin for brook, and the other two were in clutch situations. Somethings not right her. Don't forget that he recieved hitter of the week on houston 5A baseball, but I forgot, the pitching isn't as good there.

How does Murphy not get both player and pitcher of the week when he hit three homeruns in one game off of 5A state powerhouse Kingwood pitching? His first homerun was the second pitch of the game that got the ball rollin for brook, and the other two were in clutch situations. Somethings not right her. Don't forget that he recieved hitter of the week on houston 5A baseball, but I forgot, the pitching isn't as good there.

Come on..   No doubt Murphy had a game to remember, but so did Thomas.  I believe this Thomas is a Junior, if I remember right.  To put up those numbers against a district foe that you have never beaten in district play is well worth recognizing, Thomas has my vote for Player of the Week hands down.

Not taking anything away from Murphy at all.  Both of them played at the top last week.   Give credit where it is due.

Talk about wanting the cake and the ice cream.   ::)

both players did a great job.........here is my take.......you could probably fill a three ring binder 2in thick with name of high school kids in the history of texas to go 4 for 4 in a game..............but what small % can say they had more than one HR in a single game, yet were talking about 3 in one game!!

great job to both kids hope both have a repeat performance this friday!!!

both players did a great job.........here is my take.......you could probably fill a three ring binder 2in thick with name of high school kids in the history of texas to go 4 for 4 in a game..............but what small % can say they had more than one HR in a single game, yet were talking about 3 in one game!!

great job to both kids hope both have a repeat performance this friday!!!

KT  you did yo thang.  Continue just as you are doing and you will receive great things.    This is a great job against Nederland.  This is also a great pick for player of the week.  This kid scores in just about every game he plays and he deserves this award.  Not every kid in binder of history can say they went 4 for 4 against a team as of Nederland.  This is kid speaks for itself.  Stolen bases and runs scored.  This kid gets on base, he is a force to reckon with.  Great job KT.

"KT  you did yo thang.  Continue just as you are doing and you will receive great things.    This is a great job against Nederland.  This is also a great pick for player of the week.  This kid scores in just about every game he plays and he deserves this award.  Not every kid in binder of history can say they went 4 for 4 against a team as of Nederland.  This is kid speaks for itself.  Stolen bases and runs scored.  This kid gets on base, he is a force to reckon with.  Great job KT." by lakerfan

I will not debate the kids.....cause to me that's a no brainer......cough,cough Murph, cough.........

I will debate going 4 for 4 in a game vs 3HR in one game..........throw the players names out and lets talk about High school kids.........What is more likey to happen at least twice in a single season......going 4 for 4 at the plate or hitting 3hr's in one game............

And I know this is like talking to umpires......im not trying to change the call just voicing my point of view......lol

I want Central to be excited about what they have accomplished thuse far (im sure im not alone) and yes KT should be rewarded for what he has done...........but it shouldn't be because Central has never done this or that so we should give this player this or that..........I think we should still be truthfull to the game of baseball!!  {I think 16 KO's agains anybody rivals a complete game W vs Kingwood}

Furthermore Nederland is no Kingwood I dont think that's debateable either!!

again good luck to both the Jags and the Bruins this week (some good baseball being played in beaumont right now!!)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83