Best Individual Performance You've Witnessed

Guest GoStangs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kendal Briles led Stephenville to a 16-0 record and the Texas 4A State Championship while playing for his father as a junior... passed for 3,137 yards and 28 TDs and ran for 1,331 yards and 16 scores on 178 carries en route to Texas 4A Offensive Player-of-the-Year and First-Team, All-State honors in 1999... registered 295 yards of total offense and three TDs and intercepted two passes in the 1999 state title game against Port Neches Groves. He was the playmaker in that game. Every big GAME at that.

Guest Jody

Don't know about best performance, but my favorite was watching Wimberly's Buse against WOS last year. He is one tough cookie.

Don't know about best performance' date=' but my favorite was watching Wimberly's Buse against WOS last year. He is one tough cookie.[/quote']

Jody, I mostly disagree with every anti- WOS comment you make.

But this one I will agree. That kid was good. We couldnt stop him.

Have fun getting snot bubbled in 4A :wink:

Jay McGuire of Silsbee had 454 yards rushing and 6 TD's against Nederland in '93. He had a total of 600 all purpose yards in that game.

What a great game also. Nederland was passing for touchdowns and McGuire was running for them. SIlsbee won a barn burner 48-44 in one of those games where it seemed like the last team to touch the ball was going to win.

LIKE JDAWG SAID I THINK THAT GILBERT IN 04 HE WAS AWSOME THAT GAME TOO BAD HE HAD TO LEAVE US LOL

The Jasper vs Gilmer game was awsome and neither team deserved to loose. That Gilmer QB and his receivers were absolutely incredible. You hav to give credit to Gilbert for giving Jasper a shot at at. It all honesty, and don't tell Jasper folks I saud this, but they scored on that drive and the ref did not give them the points. I was sitting on the goal line when they ran the ball and I saw the ball go over the line. SHHHHH I didn't say that. :D

Guest bulldogbark

AHHH HAAAAH thats what happened Jody you were in the way of the Refs view and he couldnt see that it was a touchdown.....now we have someone to blame for the lose...... 8) 8)

David Boston, from Humble High School, single handed eliminated Lee back in 1995. They went on to the state semi-finals that year. He made a spectacular diving grab in the corner of the end zone and played some stellar safety too. I believe the final was Humble 10 Baytown Lee 7. funny part of it was, my friend had been making fun of David Boston the year before when he was a junior. He was back returning punts against North Shore in the first round of the playoffs. I hadn't heard of Boston at the time, and I must admit he wasn't the most obvious looking guy to be returning punts. He was so tall and thin. But we sure knew about him the next year.

Also, Jamaal Charles against Lamar in the playoffs. Luckily, this game was in Baytown and the stadium is about 1/2 mile from my house. I went ahead and went to the game. Jamaal was a one man wrecking crew. PAM really didn't have any other plays. Every play they called that was not a run by Jamaal, you could tell it was just to buy time til Jamaal could catch his breath a little bit to tear off another 12 yard run. He must have had 50 carries and well over 300 yards. Lamar won unfortunately in about the 5th overtime.

I'm sure you guys remember the Dayton vs. PNG playoff game (in '98 I believe) played at Lamar Cardinal Stadium. I'd never been to a PNG game before that, and let me tell you, i'm a believer, those fans are awesome. It was less than standing room only with both sides packed with purple and white.

Dayton QB Dakari Pearson single handidly carried Dayton in that game. In the first half PNG junior QB Dustin Long was hitting one of the twin recievers (cant' remember those kids' names, but they were good)over and over, and Dayton couldnt' stop him. In the second half Dayton coaching staff put Pearson in at defensive back and he locked down on that WR. I think he had 6 catches and 2 TD's in the first half, and didnt' come close to catching a ball in the second half. Pearson finished with around 200 yards rushing, threw a couple TD's, had an interception, returned a punt for a TD, and locked down on a very good wideout. He was the sole difference in that game, and outshined a very good QB in Dustin Long. He rode that performance straight to UT and a starting safety position for the horns. GREAT PLAYER!!

Jamall Charles against Midland and a kid name jay mcquirre i believe from Silsbee against Nederland.

Can't recall yardage, but it was over 400.

JC had 350 against Lee and 400 agains Westfield. Never seen a kid running that didn't change gears when he needed to. That Westfield game, he ran so smoothly and fluid in the open field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn