Ozen 50 vs. Huntsville 48 Final/2 OT

Giant killers my eye.  I think this is Ozen's 6 regional appearence.  I know they've been at least 4 counting this year.  Huntsville was new to the regional tourney in 4A this year.

Giant killers my eye.  I think this is Ozen's 6 regional appearence.  I know they've been at least 4 counting this year.  Huntsville was new to the regional tourney in 4A this year.

True, but Huntsville had a VERY good team.  But, Ozen came through in typical fashion. 

All I was saying was Huntsville was looked at this year by some, as one of the best 4A teams on the state. Even magazines were referring to them as monsters and machines and they supposivley had a top 10 recruit on their team.  Well, here, is this better. Good job Ozen. doin what we all thought you should anyway.

Here, you can have your eye back.

What a basketball game this was.  Two top 5 four a teams in battle that went down to the wire in regulation the first overtime and the second. Being a former student from Sam Houston and living in the beaumont area I was pulling for both squads.  It was one of those games I didn't want to see either team lose.  But after the game I saw what bothers me about high school sports.  The teams are shaking hands and the assistant coaches for ozen are yelling up into the huntsville crowd and doing the "cut their neck" and hands around there throat as if these high school kids chocked.  I understood being excited but downgrading your opponent after a game like this is unacceptable.  The head coach from ozen showed class by shaking huntsville's coaches hand and things of that nature and still was excited at the same time.  I hope that he can remind his coaches to win with a little more class.  In saying that the ozen kids helped the huntsville kids up off of the grown and things of that nature which I love about high school sports.  Just a few stupid adults can leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami