1. 1. Who should be "Coach of the Year

• Fuller WH
    • Hargraves EC
    • Sutherland HJ
    • Joubert Ktz
    • Williams Sil
    • Carter Wrn
    • Other

Why do you bother with picking on us? It seems like every time we get on here your bad mouthing WH again! We're not voting for him just because we're from WH. It's just that this is the best year we have had in over 30 years! Why is that so wrong? Oh and from now on before you put something on here I suggest that you spell check it! 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you bother with picking on us? It seems like every time we get on here your bad mouthing WH again! We're not voting for him just because we're from WH. It's just that this is the best year we have had in over 30 years! Why is that so wrong? Oh and from now on before you put something on here I suggest that you spell check it! 

Im not bad mouthing them i just simply said that they should get every award inthe book..

Guest ltownbaseball9

Just becasue its the best season in 30 yrs doesn't mean he should get coach of the year and I just took up for yall when the other guy was dogging yall, why spell check I am just trying to hurry and write something its not like I'm in Comp 2 in college and worrying about my professor to check for spelling.

Guest bleed orange

Coach Boutte and Coach Sutherland are both great coaches. Ozen and Hardin Jefferson are expected to win every year. West Hardin does not have as many Athletes (not even close) as those two schools have when it comes to basketball. Now LTown let say a coach at Lumberton took you guys to the playoffs in football. Would'nt you be voting for him as coach of the year? I am voting for Fuller because he did alot with alot less. Give West hardin credit they deserve it. Believe me coach Boutte and Sutherland have plenty of awards on their mantles. Not saying they don't deserve one more. I always pull for the underdog.

Guest ltownbaseball9

If they made the playoffs I would give him consideration in the District for COACH OF THE YEAR doesnt mean he's the coach of the year in southeast texas. What I am trying to say is he's the coach of the year in yalls district and in 1a. If your looking for a COach of the year for around the whole area its Travis Williams, they lost there big post man from last year and a few others and nobody thought they would have went this far. I have seen them play 3 times this year at the beginning of the year and they weren't that good they didnt' have one player on there team that can take the game over. So what WIllIAMS did is spectacular and he deserves coach of the year.

Guest bleed orange

This poll was started in good taste but some post did not end up that way. So instead of saying "best coach in setx", lets say in their respective districts:1A Fuller West Hardin, 2AThe coach from East Chambers and Kountze, 3A Sutherland and Williams, 4A Boutte and 5A the coach from Memorial. The only reason I gave the award to two coaches from 3A and 2A is because every game they played against one onther could have gone either way.

Guest JCfan

Good point.

Sutherland is still a great coach, but I think Fuller deserves it this year.

ltown, you said Letsinger was nothing special and did not seem to think he was playing with much, so it had to be the coaching, right. Obviously he didn't have the talent some of the other guys have by your account.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Its like Div 11 and div 111 basketball do you think they will ever win a coach of the year over a Div 1 coach hell no they won't . Just like fuller he shouldnt win coach of the year for all classificatioons just plain and simple its 1a......            3a, 4a, and 5a its a totally different level just like Div 1 basketball its a different level than Div 11 Div 111

and yalls record 30-3 is fake. with victories over liberty and st. mary's for the blind and Crippled. i mean yalls district is weak but yalls season outside of district was too.

...and yet we still beat ya'll.  What does that say?  Why does EVERYTHING about us have to be called into question?  First, we are JUST 1A, now we have a FAKE record.  Whatever!

I still believe Coach Fuller is the Coach of the Year.

Ltown  think about this if fuller was in 3a and givin HJ with those players he would be in the same spot cause that team has alot of good players and 1 AMAZING player so coaching really does not matter when you have someone that can take over the game as a player

no i dont agree. Sutherlands experience and knowledge of being in the playoffs along with two other great coaches. thats what Fuller would lack with this team if he was coach

Ok so all of yall are saying that Coach Fuller should get "coach of the year" over The coach that wins state or gets his team to the state game... I mean yes he did get WH to a 30-3 record and thats a great job but i mean he didnt go all the way and thats why i wouldnt vote for him.....

Fuller is a great guy and a good coach.  But he did take over a team loaded with seniors.  A team that went from 2AA to 1A, and with a player that was argueble the best 1A player in the state.  What he does next year will tell the tale on his coaching abilities.  Hargraves is in a similuar situation with Thomas.  Joubert has experienced seniors and tons of talent.  Carter took a 12 win team from last year , won 20+ games and went to the playoffs.  He gets my vote.

oiler fans, you cannot hold an intelligent conversation with these children...no matter what we say they are going to say the opposite....i believe coach would want us to leave this one alone!!!! we know he is the best and that is all that matters..... ;)

aww thats cute

oiler fans, you cannot hold an intelligent conversation with these children...no matter what we say they are going to say the opposite....i believe coach would want us to leave this one alone!!!! we know he is the best and that is all that matters..... ;)

Completely agree, sportsmom...completely agree...

Why are we even discussing the topic of coach of the year if one of the stipulations for winning this "award" is winning state?  If you guys don't like it that so many West Hardin fans are on this website, then go get fans from your town to get on and cast a vote.  We can't help it if your teams don't have the fan support that ours does!

Warfan, I know you weren't trying to be negative or anything, but actually Fuller took over a team with NO senior starters last year, and the only reason they were in 2A last year is because it wasn't a redistricting year.  Numbers-wise they would've been in 1A last year, too.  This was his second year with them and he brought them a long way.  (Just b/c I'm responding to your post here, doesn't mean I'm clumping you in w/ the next two...you're an intelligent poster and I respect your opinions.)

Ltown, do you not see the irony in the fact that you're dogging WH fans for being on here so much, yet YOU are on here CONSTANTLY completely OBSESSED (for some very weird reason that I haven't quite figured out yet) with West Hardin High School basketball. 

Cayuga boy, "sore loser" doesn't look good on you.  And it was VERY unintelligent to run down the team that knocked you out of the playoffs; if we're such big losers, then what exactly do you think that makes you?

All the WH fans get upset when someone gets on here and doesnt talk about how great there coach is. Stop being so whiney and just be glad you had a good season. How long has it been since you have had a season like this one? It'll be that long before another winning season roles around again. Appreciate this while you can and stop being so sensitive.

All the WH fans get upset when someone gets on here and doesnt talk about how great there coach is. Stop being so whiney and just be glad you had a good season. How long has it been since you have had a season like this one? It'll be that long before another winning season roles around again. Appreciate this while you can and stop being so sensitive.

actually sporter,

as a wh fan...it would not bother me a bit if you, dub, sunshine, ltown,and all the other wh haters...didnt talk about us at all...it upsets me that yall do!!!!!....i have yet to read one post where a wh fan, dogs someone's opinion about their team.....but look back on any of these threads.....everytime a wh fan or any fan for that matter, says something good or positive about wh.....the buzzards circling overhead..land...and start picking...and picking...

Only two coaches here really to consider....Sutherland and Joubert.  There were several good coaches this year, but Sutherland did a heck of a job this year getting HJ back to Austin.  HJ won probably the toughest 3A district in the state.  He got his kids up in some tough games this year.  From the looks of it the state title was determined by the HJ/Silsbee game last week in Huntsville.  To be down the way they were and then send the game into overtime was a feat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder