Vidor Pirate Proud!

robanadana

Tough day after a playoff loss like last night but I just wanted to express how proud I am of you guys this year. A few things to remember about this season:

1. You broke a 35 year drought at PuppyPoo Stadium (Anybody not believe in home cookin'?) and we should get the next two years at home.
  2. You broke a 38 year drought on District Championships. No one can say "Vidor, what have you won lately?" You guys slew that Dragon.
  3. Haylon Leckelt is the greatest running back in Vidor history. Not a small feat coming from a running football team. I remember watching Tim Hagler and he was a beast. Haylon ran just as tough. I sure hope I get to see this young man playing ball next year on Saturdays for someone.
  4. For a team with no supposed "D1" caliber athletes (Manny Netherly committed to LSU; PAM too many to list), you beat Memorial for a share of the title and gave Crosby all they could handle last night.

We, your fans thank you for a stellar year which you should look back on in pride. You underclassmen, 2017 football season starts today. We expect the same from you.

2 hours ago, robanadana said:

Tough day after a playoff loss like last night but I just wanted to express how proud I am of you guys this year. A few things to remember about this season:

1. You broke a 35 year drought at PuppyPoo Stadium (Anybody not believe in home cookin'?) and we should get the next two years at home.
  2. You broke a 38 year drought on District Championships. No one can say "Vidor, what have you won lately?" You guys slew that Dragon.
  3. Haylon Leckelt is the greatest running back in Vidor history. Not a small feat coming from a running football team. I remember watching Tim Hagler and he was a beast. Haylon ran just as tough. I sure hope I get to see this young man playing ball next year on Saturdays for someone.
  4. For a team with no supposed "D1" caliber athletes (Manny Netherly committed to LSU; PAM too many to list), you beat Memorial for a share of the title and gave Crosby all they could handle last night.

We, your fans thank you for a stellar year which you should look back on in pride. You underclassmen, 2017 football season starts today. We expect the same from you.

Nice post. Great year for you guys and an awesome team!