Gilmer 50 Diboll 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, losteraussie said:

We looked very sluggish against a not so very good team. We just can't seemed to get highly motivated against lesser competition. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us. 

Gilmer was conservative on their third drive by trying to kick a field goal from the 9 instead of going for it and they missed. Diboll drove down the field and scored to make it 14-7. That drive gave  Diboll the confidence to make this a game. From that point on Gilmer tried the best they could to put Diboll away but Diboll flat out kept fighting. Playing down to competition went away early in this game so that's no excuse. Sorry the poor 2-8 team didn't roll over and let Gilmer wipe their feet on then. BTW...your team still won 50-28 so don't be so down on your boys.

4 hours ago, Woodshed said:

Gilmer was conservative on their third drive by trying to kick a field goal from the 9 instead of going for it and they missed. Diboll drove down the field and scored to make it 14-7. That drive gave  Diboll the confidence to make this a game. From that point on Gilmer tried the best they could to put Diboll away but Diboll flat out kept fighting. Playing down to competition went away early in this game so that's no excuse. Sorry the poor 2-8 team didn't roll over and let Gilmer wipe their feet on then. BTW...your team still won 50-28 so don't be so down on your boys.

We were up 36-7 at one point. We played down as I said. I'm not down on them. We are moving on. I unlike some others don't need to win by 60. I just want to win. But we did not play well. It's just been our M O all year. Playing to your competition is bad. We have lost our killer instinct that has driven us to victory in past games that we may not should have won. But I do give credit to Diboll if that what your asking. They never quit.