Woodville 44 Anahuac 23/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Woodville Eagles as they open up the Class 3A, Division I playoffs in this bi-district battle with the Anahuac Panthers!  Ty Robinson's Eagles, 9-1 on the season, finished off a 6-0 district slate and captured the 11-3A-I district championship with a win over Coldspring-Oakhurst last Friday, 31-18.  Meanwhile, the Panthers, 4-6 on the season, grabbed the fourth and final spot out of 12-3A-I with a win over East Chambers last Friday, 49-28.  Anahuac leads the series over, 7-6-2.

The winner of this game will face the winner of the Cameron Yoe/West matchup, which will also be played tonight.

Join Scott Loar for all of the action from Bronco Stadium in Dayton beginning with the pregame show at 7:15 followed by the kickoff by tuning your radio to KTXJ 102.7 FM or by clicking on the player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Woodville Eagle Playoff Football on The Gospel Giant, KTXJ 102.7 FM and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Halftime

Woodville 30

Anahuac 7

Lockhart: 136 yds rushing / 2TD

Martin: 59 yds rushing 

Wooten: 26 yds rushing / 1TD

Traylor: 20 yds rushing 

Woodville has 236 yds rushing in the first half. Anahuac can't stop them and the one time they forced a punt, the return man coughed it up and gave Woodville another easy score. Anahuac is just overwhelmed by the athleticism and size on the offensive line that Woodville has.