New Caney 37 Splendora 29/FINAL

WOSgrad

28 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

New Caney is good but I think they're going to have to score well into the 40's or more to beat BH, Crosby and maybe even Porter. Splendora got 15 points off turnovers but they could've also had at least 15 more if they could complete forward passes with any efficiency. 

I agree, but NC sat out 2 starting D backs and a linebacker. They were suited and could have played if the game did not swing in NC favor early. All had minor injuries from what I was told. NC needs to cut down on the holding penalties which put them in tough situations a few times. What surprised me was Splendora did not punt once. They went for it on fourth everytime, giving up field position a couple of times. I was surprised by the size of Splendora. They had some big linemen, and ran the ball well at times.

Allison is a quality back and will be playing on Saturdays.

9 hours ago, robanadana said:

What all of this shows is that the New Caney area is growing so fast that every school is benefitting from it. Influx of a lot of money and new talent. I don't see NC, Porter or Splendora being good as a fluke at all...contrarily, I think it will continue as more people move there.

Splendora has not benefited what so ever from the growth of the area.  If anything, a few kids have moved from Splendora to New Caney.  The group of kids on this Splendora team have grown up in Splendora since grade school.  

3 hours ago, Boomertool said:

Splendora has not benefited what so ever from the growth of the area.  If anything, a few kids have moved from Splendora to New Caney.  The group of kids on this Splendora team have grown up in Splendora since grade school.  

That's what I was told,this group of kids been ballin together since youth fb,and you better be able to score alot of pts to beat them