Port Neches-Groves 41 Livingston 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

I think this team has done a great job regardless of all the negative comments. There will always be bigger faster taller stronger teams that's why a lot of 5a schools in this area hasn't won a state championship in years. Quit taking side notes and just cheer on the team I don't know what has happened to the good old days " we bleed purple" fans,because I remember those fans always stood during Cherokee and stayed the whole game win or lose. I Guarantee this team gives 100% effort I always see a bunch of them in the gym they are constantly trying to better their game 

1 hour ago, Footballfan1209 said:

And some kids on Defense could spill on offense, like Lejeune running the ball. 7-9th grade Logan was running bulldozer and could be  a change of pace back.

That's what you want

Your #1 stud on defense toting the rock on offense. Should have very fresh legs going back on defense right after kick off. Did that going both ways deal work for Silsbee, Lumberton or Livingston?

38 minutes ago, PNG2720 said:

I think this team has done a great job regardless of all the negative comments. There will always be bigger faster taller stronger teams that's why a lot of 5a schools in this area hasn't won a state championship in years. Quit taking side notes and just cheer on the team I don't know what has happened to the good old days " we bleed purple" fans,because I remember those fans always stood during Cherokee and stayed the whole game win or lose. I Guarantee this team gives 100% effort I always see a bunch of them in the gym they are constantly trying to better their game 

The forum is by definition a place to exchange ideas. A football forum is a place where people express their opinions on football. If everyone only said go team, that would defeat the purpose of what the website was created for.   Also I am sure a person can bleed whatever color and remain objective in their analysis of the team. Facts are the PN-G secondary is weak.

11 minutes ago, The Icon said:

That's what you want

Your #1 stud on defense toting the rock on offense. Should have very fresh legs going back on defense right after kick off. Did that going both ways deal work for Silsbee, Lumberton or Livingston?

First of all im not saying as an every down back but maybe 5-8 touches a game. Second the likes of Silsbee, Lumberton and Livingston are nothing compared to Nederland, Vidor, PAM where we might need a different punch. Its okay for some kids to play a little bit of both ways. If your playing to avoid injuries instead playing to win, then you wont make it to far. Take Nederland for example, when they needed big stops on defense they would put in their best players like, Krautz and Sage and they had some off their starting receivers play DB. Im really not trying to get in a pissing match with you , its just imo.

30 minutes ago, The Icon said:

That's what you want

So if you feel this way about Lejuene, then you must not like McZeal playing DE.

32 minutes ago, The Icon said:

That's what you want

Actually in the past it has worked pretty fine for us. Some examples would be Jacob Hanna and Anthony beard to name two in the same time frame. Studs on both sides of the ball 

8 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

First of all im not saying as an every down back but maybe 5-8 touches a game. Second the likes of Silsbee, Lumberton and Livingston are nothing compared to Nederland, Vidor, PAM where we might need a different punch. Its okay for some kids to play a little bit of both ways. If your playing to avoid injuries instead playing to win, then you wont make it to far. Take Nederland for example, when they needed big stops on defense they would put in their best players like, Krautz and Sage and they had some off their starting receivers play DB. Im really not trying to get in a pissing match with you , its just imo.

I see your point

Mine was key guys for those teams that had players going both ways, ended up struggling as the game went on. It's a law of diminishing returns deal for me. To each their own

10 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

I agree, heck when I was playing we would put Hughes (our starting qb) in at safety if we needed a big stop!

2 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I see your point

Mine was key guys for those teams that had players going both ways, ended up struggling as the game went on. It's a law of diminishing returns deal for me. To each their own

Agree, I guess I should have made more clear not technical going both ways but just play here and there

On 9/24/2016 at 11:51 PM, Footballfan1209 said:

I think some people will take this score and be mistaken about how PNG handled Livingston. I still believe by switching to a more balanced and spread type offense they give themselves a better chance to compete. game also showed the NDNS need to work more on their secondary. This might be one of the better reasons its nice to play the weaker teams first, it gives time to fix some issues before the harder games.

its not that we are beating up secondary, it is the truth. I bleed purple but I don't sip the koolaid. I wish they would go out and be shutdown corners on both ends with the safety  being a head hunter, unfortunately we are just undersized and cant seem to make a stop on the passing game. If and when we face a passing team we are in trouble, plain and simple. I like the lil guy out there at corner, but im sorry 5'5 isn't gonna get it at corner back. We have to have someone who is taller and isn't afraid to make contact and try to disrupt  the play. I would rather see a flag for holding than have 4 defensive backs around the ball and not one of them make the damn play, let alone miss the tackle and get scorched for six. Im sorry that just doesn't sit well on my stomach! I would love to see them go all remember the titans on them but it isn't happening, we will struggle. Take for instance Angleton .  They ran the ball down our throat and that was supposed to be the landsharks strength, yeah right, was embarrassing. That runningback looked like Adrian Peterson running all over and around us lol. We are getting into the meat of our schedule it is time for them to take it up a notch if that can be done. 

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

its not that we are beating up secondary, it is the truth. I bleed purple but I don't sip the koolaid. I wish they would go out and be shutdown corners on both ends with the safety  being a head hunter, unfortunately we are just undersized and cant seem to make a stop on the passing game. If and when we face a passing team we are in trouble, plain and simple. I like the lil guy out there at corner, but im sorry 5'5 isn't gonna get it at corner back. We have to have someone who is taller and isn't afraid to make contact and try to disrupt  the play. I would rather see a flag for holding than have 4 defensive backs around the ball and not one of them make the damn play, let alone miss the tackle and get scorched for six. Im sorry that just doesn't sit well on my stomach! I would love to see them go all remember the titans on them but it isn't happening, we will struggle. Take for instance Angleton .  They ran the ball down our throat and that was supposed to be the landsharks strength, yeah right, was embarrassing. That runningback looked like Adrian Peterson running all over and around us lol. We are getting into the meat of our schedule it is time for them to take it up a notch if that can be done. 

WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

PLAYA HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you...... Heart will only get you so far sometimes...... But hey, the coach in Chumperton can teach speed, so the way I see it is this.... We send the whole team to COACH KNOWS for a day or so and they all come back 4.5 kids.... Then we are back in the game.......