Bridge City has 4 pitchers throwing upper 80's?

I have engaged in that very discussion on this board in the past. I am trying to look out for the kids that I see overthrown and at risk for career ending injuries. I have discussed how it "turns my stomach" to see kids throw complete games in the first tournament of the season and I have also discussed enforcing a limit on pitches for all age groups (little league on up). Weighted balls is just one more issue that I feel could cause young pitchers to be at risk. So again, I ask, why do it at all in the younger age group if it is risky?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM indeed.

To be clear:

1. I am not a fan nor a proponent of the use of weighted balls; however, I recognize that there are those who are equally in favor of them, use them. The danger there (and I think all would agree) is when they are improperly used, etc. Even the proponents would agree it requies a very structured environment. I also think that (among those in favor of weighted balls) there is an inner debate as to what age this should begin.

2. To the extent Sam Moore feels that I have attacked him, I apologize. I think he will tell you that we have agreed to disagree, and both have heart-felt opinions on this issue. We can both quote 'very smart' people to support our respective sides.

3. I also think Sam would correct his prior post regarding overuse of pitchers on a particular select team, etc. I believe he would concede that just the opposite is true (at least on one very prominent local select team).

4. I do wonder by (for example) quarterbacks don't throw weighted footballs or golfers hit weighted balls on the range, but that just opens the debate all over again. I am trying not to do that.

This board has many purposes. One is to exchange information, another to make predictions and a third to exchange ideas/opinions. Post a thread entitled "would BC beat LCM in a 1 game playoff? a 3 game playoff?", and we'd burn up our server.

This same is true here. Ideas and information have been set forth here, and anyone considering this type of training is (hopefully) better informed (and IMO forewarned). To that extent, I think both Sam Moore and I would agree that we have both tried to do the baseball public a service.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124