Buna vs East Chambers Reg Quarterfinal Predictions

TopDawG52

13 minutes ago, Not A Guru said:

Buna has a tough hill to climb tonight against EC. I will say this though, that coach over their in Buna has done a nice job of making that program relevant again. 

In my opinion, EC is just too much for Buna. EC wins a very competitive game, pulling away in the final 4 minutes. EC by 12.

Good luck to both programs tonight!

Whitmire is a very underrated coach! His kids always play hard, and are always prepared. Good luck to Buna!

EC is the more complete team and should come away with a hard fought win tonight. However, Buna definitely has what it takes to come up with the upset, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they go home with the W tonight. 

As for the future, Buna is here to stay. Kudos to Whitmire for        resurrecting that program from utter shame just a few years ago. They have 2 freshmen playing major minutes (one of which is arguably their best player), and they will return most of the team, including most of the starters next season (only losing 3 seniors I believe). They also have some good talent at the junior high and freshmen levels that will be moving up over the next couple years. 

I believe 23 3A will be the premier basketball district in the state for years to come, with Buna, EC and Kountze battling it out every year. As I said, Buna is here to stay, and we all know that Kountze and EC aren't going away either.

I predict Buna to win the district outright and make a strong push for the state tourney next season.

5 minutes ago, Gregg Popovich said:

EC is the more complete team and should come away with a hard fought win tonight. However, Buna definitely has what it takes to come up with the upset, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they go home with the W tonight. 

As for the future, Buna is here to stay. Kudos to Whitmire for        resurrecting that program from utter shame just a few years ago. They have 2 freshmen playing major minutes (one of which is arguably their best player), and they will return most of the team, including most of the starters next season (only losing 3 seniors I believe). They also have some good talent at the junior high and freshmen levels that will be moving up over the next couple years. 

I believe 23 3A will be the premier basketball district in the state for years to come, with Buna, EC and Kountze battling it out every year. As I said, Buna is here to stay, and we all know that Kountze and EC aren't going away either.

I predict Buna to win the district outright and make a strong push for the state tourney next season.

Have you seen Kountze junior high and JV programs? They are going away and going away fast. They have two underclassmen on the varsity but those two are not capable enough of carrying that JV team, anywhere. It's been a long 20 year or so run, but it's finally come to an end.

Buna, EC, Hardin will be tough going forward. You only had 1 senior on that Hardin team and they were loaded with freshmen and soph.

6 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

Have you seen Kountze junior high and JV programs? They are going away and going away fast. They have two underclassmen on the varsity but those two are not capable enough of carrying that JV team, anywhere. It's been a long 20 year or so run, but it's finally come to an end.

Buna, EC, Hardin will be tough going forward. You only had 1 senior on that Hardin team and they were loaded with freshmen and soph.

I have not seen Kountze's underclassmen programs, but I have heard that the future is not bright for Kountze basketball. I guess it is just hard to imagine. I'm not saying that Kountze won't go downhill as expected, I'm just saying that I will believe it when it actually happens. They somehow seem to always find a way to reload, just like Newton in football. 

Buna and EC will be fun to watch for sure though. Don't know much about Hardin.....

2 minutes ago, Gregg Popovich said:

I have not seen Kountze's underclassmen programs, but I have heard that the future is not bright for Kountze basketball. I guess it is just hard to imagine. I'm not saying that Kountze won't go downhill as expected, I'm just saying that I will believe it when it actually happens. They somehow seem to always find a way to reload, just like Newton in football. 

Buna and EC will be fun to watch for sure though. Don't know much about Hardin.....

Kountze will be fine. It will be a down year for Kountze standards. a 20 win season and 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs is what the lions should accomplish next season.  (As long as everybody plays)

4 minutes ago, TopDawG52 said:

Kountze will be fine. It will be a down year for Kountze standards. a 20 win season and 2 or 3 rounds deep in the playoffs is what the lions should accomplish next season.  (As long as everybody plays)

That's more along the lines of what I was thinking..... Like I said before, they always reload somehow. I'm sure their ride will come to an end some day, and that may be sometime within the next 4 yrs or it may not be for another 20 yrs, idk. But like I said, I'll have to see it to believe it.

5 minutes ago, TopDawG52 said:

I think it will be like after 07 State championship team A couple of down years and then a state champion contender will emerge 

The 08'-10' Kountze teams beat us (Buna) by 40-60 points every time we played them during that span of "down years" LOL. Those were some dark days for Buna basketball....

23 minutes ago, Gregg Popovich said:

The 08'-10' Kountze teams beat us (Buna) by 40-60 points every time we played them during that span of "down years" LOL. Those were some dark days for Buna basketball....

Yeah i remember I played on those Kountze teams from 07 til 09...

EC has a very bright future with the players coming up! The 8th grade group has more talent than I've seen an EC class have, and they are very unselfish for the talent level. The freshman group this year is very solid with #21 Davis being the future of EC, he will be very good in the years to come! Look to see a lot from him the next few years.