Port Neches-Groves Boys 1 Nederland 0/Final

WOSgrad

Png won 1-0 with a goal coming in the last 2 minutes of the game.  Nederland seemed to control the first half and png controlled the second from my perspective. Both had multiple opportunities, but both keepers played well. Nederland keeper made a great save on a 1v1, punching the ball over the crossbar. Png keeper made a great save that most likely would have found the back corner of the net if he doesn't get a hand on it. It really upsets me that this game isn't what it used to be like. I can remember when i was growing up going to these games you couldn't find a seat. Even when I played back in 08 and 09 there were pretty good crowds for this game, and now there are maybe 75-100 combined fans. I know this area isn't really a soccer area, and these teams aren't filled with the likes of Davy Arnaud, Lance Watson, or players like that, but these guys deserve better crowds than just only 75-100 fans combined that have been showing up recently over the years.