Orangefield vs. West Columbia Predictions?

KFDM COOP

How can West Columbia be 29 - 0 and NOT BE in the top 20 rankings?

Possibly played weak schedule. I couldn't find much on them, just one article.

Columbia girls

http://www.brazoriacountynews.org/sports.html

From the Brazoria County News

Girls' basketball teams getting into playoff mode

One task was completed while another is still not finished for area girls’ basketball teams.

The Columbia Lady Roughnecks finished off a perfect 29-0 regular season with a 71-33 victory over Columbus last week.

Columbia put a capper on the District 24-3A title with the victory, their second consecutive district crown. The Lady Necks have a combined 23-1 record in district play their last two seasons.

With the district title, the Lady Necks earned a first round bye in the playoffs. That means they won’t play their first playoff game until late next week.

They are looking to get a warm-up game against Liberty Hill this week.

The Sweeny Lady Bulldogs have some work to do to earn their postseason spot.

They will be a part of a mini-tournament along with Brookshire Royal and Stafford at Sealy High School to determine which team will be the third playoff representative out of District 24-3A. All three teams finished with identical 8-6 district marks.

Sweeny won a coin toss Monday and won’t have to play until 5 p.m. Friday. Stafford and Brookshire Royal will play Thursday.

The Lady Bulldogs (15-14) put together a big third quarter to take a 37-29 going into the final period and finished things off with a clutch performance at the free throw line down the stretch.

Brittany Reado had 16 points while Dorrie Thompson had 12. Zapfire Reece finished with 10.

In Columbia’s win over Columbus, Laura Whitehead had 27 points while Jade Davis had 18 points.

Tiffany Johnson had 10 points and 12 rebounds while Kellie Kitchen had four points and seven rebounds.

Columbia lost their first playoff game last year by 20 points ( score was 49-29 - they had a first round bye, won their district with only 1 loss). The other two teams in their district also lost their first round playoff games. Don’t know if that is indicative of a weak district or not. Columbia is undefeated so far this year, so you can’t take them lightly. But I think it’s time for the Orangefield Lady Bobcats to hand them their first loss of the season and send them home. Go Orangefield!

I don't know if this helps but I found the teams that they played during there season.  I don't know any of these teams to know if this was a hard schedule or not.

Manvel ???

Brazosport 4A

Calhoun 4A

Robstown (played twice 4A)

Bloomington (played three times 2A)

Van Vleck (played twice 2A)

*Sweeny 3A

*Needville 3A

Bay City 4A

*Stafford 3A

*Sealy 3A

Nixon-Smiley 2A

Cuero 3A

Edna 2A

Sacred Heart ???

*Wharton 3A

*Brookshire-Royal 3A

*Columbus 3A

A little information on Columbia's opponents. Thanks bobcatmom for the names.

Manvel JV team for new high school

Brazosport 23-4A. Didn't make the playoffs

Calhoun 30-4A. Didn't make playoffs

Robstown (played twice) 31-4A Didn't make playoffs

Bloomington (played three times) 31-2A Didn't make playoffs

Van Vleck (played twice) 27-2A. Second place in their district

*Sweeny 24-3A. Didn't make playoffs, same district as Columbia

*Needville 24-3A. Didn't make playoffs, same district as Columbia

Bay City 24-4A. Didn't make playoffs

*Stafford 24-3A. 3rd place in Columbia's district. Lost their playoff game to Smithville by 17 points

*Sealy 24-3A. Didn't make playoffs, same district as Columbia

Nixon-Smiley 29-2A. 3rd place in their district

Cuero 29-3A. 3rd place in their district

Edna 28-2A. Didn't make playoffs

Sacred Heart Private school

*Wharton 24-3A. 2nd place in Columbia's district. Beat Giddings by 4 in their 1st round game

*Brookshire-Royal 24-3A. Didn't make playoffs, same district as Columbia

*Columbus 24-3A. Didn't make playoffs, same district as Columbia

Bobcatmom, sounds like you would like to know as much information about this team  as possible so here is what i've heard about Columbia.  Their best player Jade Davis averaged 25pts/game or something like that, she is a very good player, not as good as Britney Scott of WOS or Kellum of Kirbyville but just a notch below them.  The rest of their starting 5 is solid but not spectacular.  They have 2 posts that start that are around 5'9-10 that are decent athletes and ok basketball players but dont pose matchup problems.  They dont shoot as well as OF or do anything better than OF.  They've played a weak schedule and are not prepared for this kind of game.  If we play well, i think we can win as much as 15-25 pts.

Guest bleed orange

Don't worry we never count our chickens before they hatch. Our kids have to earn everything they get. We don't have super athletes. We are not big or fast but we will get after it. We never over look anyone, we can't afford to. But we do play well as a TEAM and that is why we win. We are just blessed to have hard working kids. I am sure some of the other teams in the area can say the samething.

How bad is the construction traffic between Beaumont and Barber's Hill on I-10? Any long delays? According to TX DOT there are lane closures east and westbound between Hwys 61 and 563. The closures are supposed to end at 3:30 but to expect delays. Anybody driven that way in the last few days?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476