Cheer mommas take blue ribbion for Crazy

Marie

This past Saturday I had the chance to watch Pro Bowls along with watching cheer competitions and I will go out on a limb and say

cheer mommas take the Blue ribbon for crazy. It seems the Lumberton Cheer squad along with LCM went over allotted time of 2 min and when results

got announced some women from Nederland was going crazy on the STJFL Cheer Rep... .

And for a person to want and cheat for a Stupid Cheer trophy is still mind blowing.. But again this lady is from Lumberton so it does not surprise me...   

As a cheer mom - let me tell the real story .. the rules state- that the cheer routine should not go over 2 minutes ..basically get off the field we have a football game to play..lol - but this took hours of preparing to get it just right.. and from what I was told Lumberton went over 3 minutes (not really sure if that is accurate or not didn't watch the video) but from the looks of that team they obviously do cheer competition a lot and should know that there is a time limit .. I am not an all out cheer mom - I could take it or leave it - my daughter cheers because my son plays football - but I think these mom's had a valid reason to be a little crazy .. this is hours of practice for several weeks with a lot of challenges.. so if Lumberton did go over the time limit of a minute.. that benefited lumberton to gain a lot more points and they only got deducted 2 points!!! If anyone should be pissed it should be the OF coaches - Lumberton only won by 7 points to OF( so I was told ) which in my opinion they should have been deducted at least 10.. but what can you do - take a trophy away from little girls because coaches can't follow rules!!!  And then take overall .. WOW .. so yes Cheer Mom's can be a little crazy - even get the blue ribbon for being insane - from the insanity we put up with during football season listening to all the cheers and chants during the football games- to getting to weeks of practicing for a cheer competition (which is crazy itself )only to get out there to compete against 5 teams and 4 out of 5 teams follow the rules and the ones who didnt...take first and overall ..  little disappointing..  I am an orangefield mom- All these mom's on all teams put a lot of time in for their daughters and they all should be proud .. this was OF first year to do this with not one single cheer competition girl on this team and took 2nd to Lumberton girls who are obviously good. So yes do I feel like we got the short end of the stick? Absolutely - but there is nothing we can do about it.. hopefully next year everyone follow rules..