who is the best freshman???

silsbees right defender on varsity i think hes kinda small  blonde hair boots the ball half way to mexico everytime he gets the ball

dude theres more to being a good defender than kicking the ball really far..yea it helps at times but most of the time you need to have placement or even finess with ball.

I must reply to Shark's comments on Scott Poole. I'm sure many people can tell you Scott (#8) does not "bang the ball". Nearly every strike of the ball he takes is a pass to a teammate. As he approaches the ball he is looking upfield for someone to pass to. He also uses his left foot a great percentage of the time. When on defense he can turn to his right or left using either foot. Many high school players (juniors and seniors) have yet to learn how to do this. Too many players don't work their non-dominant foot, but Scott does.

While Scott has played defense (stopper/sweeper) most of the season he has had the opportunity to play upfront (forward and midfield) and attempt some shots. It is interesting, Shark, that you say he is too right footed, yet at least two of his goals this year were scored using his left foot. As for the last two games you saw him play--1) against Nederland his play and accurate passing along with his teammates excellent ball control held Nederland scoreless the second half (and Lumberton won). 2) The last game, which you say you saw, Scott didn't play in the backfield. He played upfront and scored with -- his left foot.

Hype? No. Facts? Yes. Nothing more.

Scott is a freshman and yes, he still has a lot to learn. And, yes, there are many good freshmen in this district (and area), which is wonderful for the future of soccer in southeast Texas! We must remember, however, it's not about the individual performances, but the team performances that count.

Excuse me on my hype an no facts.  I said the last two games I saw lumberton play was not their last two games.  It was the last two games I saw that lumberton was playing in.  And I guess I didnt or shouldnt have said he bangs everything out of the back. But way to many for such a good player.  I am not saying he is a very good player but he isnt the best rite now but could very well be in the future.  I do apologize for putting the kid down and maybe I should have read more of what I wrote.  But in the last two games i saw him play.  He was way too dominate right footed.  I guess you know the kid more than I do and have seen him.  However in honor of Lumberton soccer,  Waldrip is the real deal..... amazing player

Guest Soccerfan

without scott poole in the back Lumberton doesnt have as many shutouts nor do they have the 2nd least amount of goals scored on them. If there coach hadnt allowed the JV players to play in several of their games they would arguably have the least goals scored on them in district. A LARGE REASON for this is the defensive play of Scott Poole. Scott makes decisions that many upper classmen do not or cannot make on a seconds notice. He judges the long balls, anticipates passes and has blazing speed and ball control. He doesnt simply kick the ball up-he plays to his forwards and mids so they can begin an offensive attack. All this and i hear the kid has never been anything but a forward. He has maturely accepted his role of their team and excelled at it. He denies strikers from even getting to the goal and when he plays up on offense is one of the most dangerous strikers on the team.

Being the best freshmen isnt always about scoring the most goals. Shark you have obviously not watched this kid play if you say he only uses one foot and plays "kickball".  You ask anyone why their defense is so good and 10 of out 10 people will tell you its because of the impressive play from #8.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124