Congrats Rebels and Canes

midcountymadness

I would like to congratulate the Rebels on their USSSA 11U tournament championship this weekend. I got to see Saturdays games but not sunday. Great job to boys and coaches. It was just a matter of time before they brought home the gold.  I look to see them moved to elite status soon. 

And I see the Canes got the silver medal.  What great progress this team has made over the last few years.  Great coaching job by those guys turning this team from rags to riches.  I have seen this core team play many times over the last three or four years and in my opinion for them to reach the finals proves hard work pays off. Possibly the most improved team in recent ford park history. I may be wrong but I don't think they had won a Sunday game for the three or four years prior to this weekend. Kudos for teaching those guys how to play the game and succeed.

Never had so many personal messages in all my life.
Evidently the core of the cane team was mainly premier, elite, and AAA players playing in AA tournament. Which makes it an even better championship win for the AA Rebels. And not quite as praiseworthy as I had originally doled out for the other staff. I will share that one guy that messaged me said I had one teams name wrong. He said they are called by the 11u community, the Hurriators or the Gladicanes. All in fun. Good luck to all.
I also had one guy tell me that both the Rebs, the canes, and the stitch will all be bumped up soon. Gonna make for some good tournaments down the road.

MCM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...