Kountze vs kirbyville

I watched both these clubs last year several times but haven't seen either so far this season. Looking at what both clubs return I'll take Kirbyville 6-2. They know how to manufacture runs.

Basically your saying this because you and most people think because Kountze lost Franklin they can't win or do as good lol. But you said it best you HAVENT seen Kountze. They returned 8 starters. kountze also has played way stiffer competition and will be ready to go. Not saying Kountze will win but it will be Close either way. Also Kountze has SS/P chad young this year who is solid at SS who they didn't have last year. May the better team win.

Kountze has to stop playing down when facing a team of lesser ability and then rising to the occasion when pressed. All it takes is a stumble and you loose a game you should win. The Lions will be up for Kirbyville...will be a good game...means a lot! Obviously with Buna undefeated, they become a factor aswell.

If you're going to quote me please do it correctly. I didn't mention anyone by name. I know Kirbyville returned a ton from what was a very good club last year. They were the best in that district last year by far. On the other hand since you mentioned losing Franklin, you can't lose your best player and get better. Anything can happen on a baseball diamond I just happen to think the Kirbyville club is better than Kountze.

If you're going to quote me please do it correctly. I didn't mention anyone by name. I know Kirbyville returned a ton from what was a very good club last year. They were the best in that district last year by far. On the other hand since you mentioned losing Franklin, you can't lose your best player and get better. Anything can happen on a baseball diamond I just happen to think the Kirbyville club is better than Kountze.

We didn't lose our best player. We lost our best pitcher. Also you have talked about Kountze losing Franklin on another thread.

I am not trying to paint a rosey picture here and I have said the following several times in the past or something to this effect...Our pitching staff over all is more solid due to development. Last year we had one pitcher that dominated and got the majority of the work. This year we had 5 pitchers spend the summer and fall working / playing with professional instruction. Those young men and us parents made that commitment in order to be better than last year. Yes we have some rough spots to iron out defensively and offensively we are certainly stronger than last year, once again due to summer and fall play and continued instruction. Now do these teenage boys get focused and pull it all together into a real team chemistry? Time will tell but it won't be due to a lack of talent and ability

I certainly respect what you do with the kids in your community Bone. I am however a realist when I make my predictions. I saw Kirbyville last year win ballgames however they needed to. Sometimes pitching, sometimes fielding and at times with power hitting. I don't know anyone on the Kirbyville squad but I think they returned almost everyone. If so they are a handful. The games that I watched Kountze they were in every inning with the Franklin kid on the mound but they didn't field the ball well behind the other kids on the mound that weren't strikeout pitchers. The Lions did have a stellar kid in the outfield but if I were drafting a team last year in Kountze Franklin would have been my 1st pick. I don't know how many teams are making the playoffs in this district this year but it's going to be a dogfight. Kirbyville ,Buna ,Kountze ,Warren ,EC, Anahuac and Hardin could all beat each other on any given day. Where is this ballgame at, I love to watch a good high school baseball game.

I certainly respect what you do with the kids in your community Bone. I am however a realist when I make my predictions. I saw Kirbyville last year win ballgames however they needed to. Sometimes pitching, sometimes fielding and at times with power hitting. I don't know anyone on the Kirbyville squad but I think they returned almost everyone. If so they are a handful. The games that I watched Kountze they were in every inning with the Franklin kid on the mound but they didn't field the ball well behind the other kids on the mound that weren't strikeout pitchers. The Lions did have a stellar kid in the outfield but if I were drafting a team last year in Kountze Franklin would have been my 1st pick. I don't know how many teams are making the playoffs in this district this year but it's going to be a dogfight. Kirbyville ,Buna ,Kountze ,Warren ,EC, Anahuac and Hardin could all beat each other on any given day. Where is this ballgame at, I love to watch a good high school baseball game.

Oh I agree that having ETHAN on the mound gives an advantage! But a team has to play as a team it's gotta be about more than one kid. Last year was proof of that. As a team the focus was on one kid being the win or loss. Most importantly by the kids themselves. If Kountze plays like a team against Kirbyville...the bigger cat wins! We don't...the bigger cat will be limping home! It's just that simple. No difference in talent level it's about playing like a team and focus!

If there is no difference in talent level there have some been some big time improvements since last season and that is very possible, like I said I haven't seen them this year.

Last year no defense...this year defense is much improved, only game we struggled was AP and that's gonna happen at times...spring break, no practice and very wet conditions. Pitching is much more rounded. To me...because our closer put in a lot of work we have a big tool we did not have last year and our starters are solid. Look bottom line the parts to the machine are all there and they are quality...gotta work together now!

Anytime you have a year where you win district with no senior starters the year before and you only lose your 3 hole/ace your going to be good. Young players get better. Last year their were 5 juniors and 3 sophomores and a freshman starting. All these players have more experience this year. Unfortunately I'm not in texas anymore so I can't just go watch these guys play, but I know they have matured and gotten Better