Arkansas State at Texas State 8:30 pm ESPNU / WatchESPN

Roper84

Texas State is Bowl Eligible for the 2nd year in a row.  They're 6-5 heading to Saturday's final regular season game. Even if they finish 7-5 the Bobcats are looking to be left out of a bowl invite again.

Here are the highlights of Arkansas State Game
http://youtu.be/IXSnOU1tDVs?list=PL31DE499F5924B9D4

But "Bowl Eligible" is a big deal. Right? That's what I've heard at least.

Haha doesn't mean shit if you are in a G5 conference. In fact they've made it clear going forward G5 teams don't mean shit to college football anymore. Look at Marshall, the poor bastards are 11-0 and didn't even make the Top 25 this week, it's very obvious P5 rules the new playoff system.

It's tough to manage the bowls in that they are, basically, there to make money. However, I agree with OT and AAW and others who have argued for the 8 team system. Give auto bids to the P5 conference championships and 3 at large. And make a rule that any undefeated non-P5 teams get an auto bid as well. I don't think Marshall would compete with the bigger schools this year but who knows. Some of the Boise St teams sure did (and Utah before they joined PAC 12).