24 1A TUFF OR WHAT

Ok, the top half of 24-1A is probably as tough as it gets, but 22-1A is every bit as tough as 24-1A top to bottom. 22-1A consists of Grapeland (5-0), Latexo (3-2), Lovelady (3-2), Slocum (2-3), Groveton (1-4), and Alto (1-4).  Alto and Slocum were both ranked #6 and #13 in tabc in december and both are missing the playoffs at this moment!  Grapeland and Latexo should be ranked and are every bit as good as West Hardin and Big Sandy (Grapeland beat Goodrich).  The main difference in this district compared to 24-1A is that there is no gimme games like Evadale, High Island, and Sabine Pass, all 3 of those teams would finish dead last easily in 22-1A.  Groveton will come in last in 22-1A probably and would finish no lower than 5th in 24-1A.    If Slocum, Alto, or Lovelady were in this district they would have a great shot at 3rd place easily.  Every game in this district has been within 20-25 pts and there has been several games decided by less than 4 pts.

Do the 1-A districts send 2 or 3 teams to the playoffs?24-A is a solid district but I'm not sure how correct the polls are .Big Sandy and WH are both very solid clubs but HD and Spurger records are not real strong ,I think Spurger is 13-13 and HD IS 11-9 I believe.Not knocking either club because I know HD is young and Spurger has lost some close games,I think both of them may be a year away.Best of luck in the playoffs to whoever makes it out of this group.

Guest KirbyKat

24-A, is a very tough district. The top 4 teams all play well at home, have great fan support and excellent coaching. Whoever can win on the road, that will be the X factor. On the negative side, SP, HI and my Rebel's are NOT GOOD. Too be a GREAT league, there must be the threat that anyone of the bottom schools could pull the upset...Not going to happen this year. Overall, this is a quality district with 4 excellent teams at the top, Only 3 will survive.

Guest allsportsfan

Hey bobcat, do you know where Grapeland played Goodrich? Have they beat any 2-3a teams? Sounds like there are a few tough districts.

I was told that our regional tournament could very well be tougher than Austin this year!

Ok, to answer the question to the original post, yes, i do think there is a harder district than 24-1A, which would be 22-1A.  Now that i've thought about it further, i dont think Spurger and Hull Daisetta would make the playoffs in 22-1A, which means only 2 teams could go.  On the other hand, i believe 4-5 teams in 22-1A could make the playoffs in 24-1A.  So therefore, i guess that would mean 22-1A is a harder district. Another district i would add that is just as tough is district 19-1A with the heavy favorite to come out of region III,#2 ranked Martins Mill, along with Lapoyner, and Cayuga, which are very solid teams.

Grapeland played Goodrich at Grapeland.  Grapeland beat Palestine(3A) by 15. They beat trinity and tatum (2A). They lost Madisonville (3A) and Buffalo (2A) by 1 pt, both very good teams.

Broaddus is down a little from last year after they lost their point guard but will play both West Hardin and Big Sandy close.Chireno may pose some matchup problems for WH and Big Sandy both thwy have some very good shooters.Haven't seen West Sabine.Playoffs will be fun to watch on the small school side.

Guest allsportsfan

Saw Broaddus and Chireno play tonight. Both solid, but I would have to give Wh an edge over both because of matchup problems and I would give BS a definite edge over Broaddus and a slight edge over Chireno.

Chireno and BS would be a fun game to watch. Probably be 100-98 bacause they would both concede to pressure and running.

Just kiddin on the 100-98. More like 75-70.

WH gives Broaddus big matchup problems and evidently losing this forward dor the rest of the year has hurt them. They are still a competitve team, but out matched by BS and WH. Maybe even HD.

Chireno is all about pressure and hot streaks. Get a team to play smart and steady, break the press, you'll have a good chance.

Guest allsportsfan

24A will be tough again next year. BS, Spurger and HD will all be good again, and I look for a couple of the other teams to be a little better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83