Can Hardin put loss behind them?

Hardin Fan

Okay, I understand that your QB and Center did not play the other night. But lets not blame the loss entirely on that. You don't get beat by almost 30 points because two people are hurt. I think it would have been more competitive with them on the field, but I highly doubt those two players would account for 20+ points on the offensive side of the ball, not to mention stopping New Waverly on the defensive side of the ball. Other than that, I hope the QB and Center are ready for Friday. Woodville will be fairly healthy as well, coming off a bye. As I said, they better be ready for a dog fight :)

Well said!

Also. If that QB / center are viral to your team , small school, other center had limited snaps, the QB also plays defense. It's a mental things with kids, As well. Hardin has a handful of athletes, difficult when any starting player is Injured.

I thought the backup did well , no excuses,

Turnovers, penalties, and not executing in the redzone, killed us Friday

I didn't start this thread to bash Hardin.  It just looked to me that this 1 kid had quit in middle of game and it rubbed off on the rest of the team and that should not be allowed to happen.  As for as the backup qb and center goes they came out on the right foot and marched down the field and scored in no time. What mfd said in an earlier post said a lot. I also look for the Hornets to improve each week and hope for a playoff run.

You know the more I think about this topic and it truly not being about a kid being frustrated and more about the metal condition of a team...I think getting past the loss is wrong. I think Hardin needs to embrace it, they need to chew on it and choke it down. I think it needs to be a rally cry and where the line has been drawn. Year after year Hardin has Athletes and the ability to win, but for some reason they can't pull it together. Stop trying to get past a loss and start having deep felt distain for that loss and eat it and digest it every time...remember that bad taste and use it to fuel wins! Make it personal or it just becomes a nasty habit. I guess I feel that way because my biggest fear playing ball was not the fear of failure because that's just part of sports and being an athlete. My real fear was not leaving it all on the field and having to look back knowing I tapped out. No excuses just leave it all on the field as a team and individuals...no more worries about how to get past anything. Best of luck HH

Awesome post It's in the bone.

Something that has been in my heart for years. To have a heart or appetite for victory so big, that losing by any means disgusts you. Tears from losing, not laughing, cutting up and planing a weekend party after the game. Anger for allowing defeat. We need a team of kids with that desire, not just a few. Kids that do have it, are looked at like they have a attitude, that they think they are better then, that they are just mean or crazy. But if it's a team concept, everyone buys into it.

Don't accept defeat, get better , and require more of yourself 1st, and your teammates.

That has to happen 1st, before I see Any team make it deep into playoffs

Winning is a mindset.

Guest ECBucFan

Also. If that QB / center are viral to your team...

Hopefully, the QB/Center is "vital" to your team, and not "viral". You don't want colds, flu, or infections decimating your team. Stay healthy, Hornets, LOL.

Awesome post It's in the bone.
Something that has been in my heart for years. To have a heart or appetite for victory so big, that losing by any means disgusts you. Tears from losing, not laughing, cutting up and planing a weekend party after the game. Anger for allowing defeat. We need a team of kids with that desire, not just a few. Kids that do have it, are looked at like they have a attitude, that they think they are better then, that they are just mean or crazy. But if it's a team concept, everyone buys into it.
Don't accept defeat, get better , and require more of yourself 1st, and your teammates.
That has to happen 1st, before I see Any team make it deep into playoffs
Winning is a mindset.

I can't count the number of tines my son has been called a jerk among many other names while on the field.

Guest ECBucFan

Auto spell. Get over it . I am sure you understood the meaning

I totally understood it. It was an obvious attempt at humor. I even put "LOL" in my post.

So sorry my attempt at humor offended you so much. I apologize to mfd and anyone else who might be "offended" by my harmless post.   It won't happen again.

I totally understood it. It was an obvious attempt at humor. I even put "LOL" in my post.

So sorry my attempt at humor offended you so much. I apologize to mfd and anyone else who might be "offended" by my harmless post.   It won't happen again.

I would not take it personal Hardin folks are a bit flustered right now and I understand because here until recently the same attitude has been par for the course and it's hard to find humor in getting thumped when your capable of some much more...when the kids buy into the program and do what it takes, then parents will buy into the program, but when they do, parents have to be willing to butt out and let coaches coach...to be honest that's the hard part and something we are struggling with in Kountze, but sooner or later that too will improve along with Student Athlete participation.

I got your humor EC and thought it was funny....dont apologize!

I agree bones but it sounds like they are still along ways from understanding this or getting to where they need to be,  Kountze and Kirbyville are in same boat when it comes to being the program that people beat up on to being competitive.  It just takes that right person, coach, group or whatever to build that understanding and then everyone buys into it and you just build from there. 

It dont sound like Hardin is in that place yet or even headed there.  Just my opinion but I see kids with the wrong attitude and parents or fans making excuses for them.  I know Ill probably get beat up over this comment but Im not buying the he is only 15 give a chance crap!   Every team in this area has several 15 year olds playing at varsity level and dealing with the same stress and pressure.  Kids dont get pouty, take their pads off and walk off the field because expectation and leadership are part of these programs.  I can promise you if a 15 year old kid did that on one of the Newtons, WOS, Silsbee programs in the area, the coach wouldnt be the one handling the issue and doubt he would have parents or fans on here saying its okay he is still learing please let him play.   

Like I said before I didn't intend to stir up a hornet nest, I just have never seen that happen on the field in all the years I have been going to Hardins football games and just didn't think it was right.  I was just in shock that it happened and that it almost had another player do it to. 

Guest HardinHornets

I can say that in all my years of sports playing, watching, analyzing and critiquing that there are good athletes in Hardin, that do want success bad enough to go the extra mile.

There is a culture change that is in the works. Results do not always come immediately, but they will indeed come. This is one loss and it's in the books. You go on and you move forward.

Do we have the greatest athletes around? No. But, we have kids that have a passion to win and that's something that does not come around often, in Hardin. As I said, we expect great things in the near future, out of our football programs at all levels.

Hardin found that success nearly 15 years ago and that lasted for three to four years. It showed up again in 2007 and that lasted a few years as well. Well, here we are again and I can tell you that this run will last much longer than previous campaigns. Until then, we'll support our kids 100% as well as the other teams in our district. We have love for you all and want to see you have tons of success as well. There are only 4 playoff spots, but I hope whoever the 4 are all have deep playoff runs and who knows, one possibly win state.

Thanks,

HH