mustangs power package vs speed package

skipper

the talk around the mustang  camp  is that the  mustangs  will try and eat up as much clock as they can with the power package and people that watch  it lastnight got a eye full.  i dont know the kids name but he played LB  the first QT  then was put in the power package he look good he ave about  6 yards per carry he is a load to bring down.as for the speed package  it dont take them long to get it in the end zone when they care to use it . about three times the mustangs had good drives going  then came the yellow flags came out and it put the mustangs 3rd and long NOT GOOD this dries coaches crazy. the QB needs  to take some of the gun power off his arm he had WR open and over shot them 

From what you are saying Skipper, WOS is back to ball controll offense and not the spread offense. With more and more teams passing on three of the four downs, this seemed to get WOS in trouble as they could not match score per score. The defense MUST shut down those teams that run a passing offense or WOS may be in trouble.

I was there and do not recall WOS being under center 1 time last night

he did not go under center  just a hand off the the big power back   ran right up the gut  stop me if you can ,if you had  looked  close  6 -7 yards per carry not to  bad with no led blocker ahead of him

he did not go under center  just a hand off the the big power back   ran right up the gut  stop me if you can ,if you had  looked  close  6 -7 yards per carry not to  bad with no led blocker ahead of him

I must have been at a diffreent ball game.I saw a couple of good runs but not what your talking about.Wasn't impressed at all on both sides of the ball...very sloppy game for wo-s.Lots of flags.They have some work to do but will get better.

I must have been at a diffreent ball game.I saw a couple of good runs but not what your talking about.Wasn't impressed at all on both sides of the ball...very sloppy game for wo-s.Lots of flags.They have some work to do but will get better.

I agree, Gun. We did have some success running between the tackles, but notice when we get near the goal line, and Ned didn't have to respect the pass as much, that success greatly diminished. We have a stable of outstanding receivers that teams must respect. That is going to open some things up for us (like running between the tackles). But thinking we are going to be a "power" football team now is crazy. It's great to see we have a running game, but it was also great seeing us with the big play ability to go down the field and score in 35 seconds in the 4th when we were down. We get the turn overs and penalties cleaned up and we will be deadly on both sides of the ball.

I agree, Gun. We did have some success running between the tackles, but notice when we get near the goal line, and Ned didn't have to respect the pass as much, that success greatly diminished. We have a stable of outstanding receivers that teams must respect. That is going to open some things up for us (like running between the tackles). But thinking we are going to be a "power" football team now is crazy. It's great to see we have a running game, but it was also great seeing us with the big play ability to go down the field and score in 35 seconds in the 4th when we were down. We get the turn overs and penalties cleaned up and we will be deadly on both sides of the ball.

#42 he is a arm full running right up the gut over center  ave over 6 yards per carry he is a handfull

The turn overs and flags,those are drive killers.I really thought Ned looked better than us overall.Was shocked that we didn't go to the power I on the goal line.That's what it's all about right now...see what works and what doesn't.

Skipper, I PRAY WOS has not gone back to a power package and eat the clock game style again. Having a running game is great, but with todays game of up tempo offense we need to have a balanced attack. WOS gets into trouble when they have to play catch up and a run power package does not let you get back into games quickly. With as much speed on offense they spread out the receivers four wide and then the run game becomes better since the defense cannot stack the box. WOS, IMHO, will go far with a balanced attack of more pass to open up the run and let the defense do their thing as they always do. Eat the clock teams seems to get beat early in the playoffs due to being to most deep playoffs teams have good run stopping defense. IMHO

the talk around the mustang  camp  is that the  mustangs  will try and eat up as much clock as they can with the power package and people that watch  it lastnight got a eye full.  i dont know the kids name but he played LB  the first QT  then was put in the power package he look good he ave about  6 yards per carry he is a load to bring down.as for the speed package  it dont take them long to get it in the end zone when they care to use it . about three times the mustangs had good drives going  then came the yellow flags came out and it put the mustangs 3rd and long NOT GOOD this dries coaches crazy. the QB needs  to take some of the gun power off his arm he had WR open and over shot them 

I thought it was pretty even. I expect better days ahead for both teams. I was pleasantly surprised with the young Dogs not turning the ball over, but a couple of lapses in the secondary concerns me. Too many penalties on both teams. Good scrimmage. Both teams will be solid.

The turn overs and flags,those are drive killers.I really thought Ned looked better than us overall.Was shocked that we didn't go to the power I on the goal line.That's what it's all about right now...see what works and what doesn't.