Silsbee's Patrick Hudson and his pathetic treatment by Sumlin

TxHoops

That's ok TxHoops keep enjoying wins over those powerhouse programs of Kansas, Iowa State and West Virginia - in conference.  I will enjoy the cupcake non-conference schedule and the tough SEC schedule and hope for the best.

I have been and Aggie for a long time - and yes I have followed Texas A&M and Texas and remember the days were A&M was the red headed step child of TExas - but you are like most die hard Texas fans and keep wanting to relive the glory years of the 50's, 60's and 70's - A&M was at least as good if not better than the Texas program for most of the 80's and 90's then Texas took back that title in the 2000's but so far the 2010's A&M appears to be leading.

I laugh because I remember the years that the Aggie anthem was "Wait till Next Year". 

But what I believe and have stated many times A&M (as well as Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU and others) have all closed the gap in both money and reputation to the mighty Texas.  As I have also stated Texas will be back - is that with Strong or another coach? - as to when time will tell and will it be sooner of later I do not know.  But it will be harder and harder for Texas to repeat the glory years before the 1980's where they were the dominate team year in and year out not only in the state of Texas but the nation.  The money (resources) of which Texas ruled - and still does to a degree - but now it has become closer and will be even closer when the SEC television money starts rolling in. 

I will always find it funny that Texas fans like to point out the 7th place finish as an insult - when the fact is that A&M even finishing 7th was a better team than Texas - I always wonder what would Texas record be if they played the SEC schedule that A&M played - I think that likely it would have been much worse the 8-4 they managed in the Big 12 - but as always we will never know it's all just yak and yak between the fan bases.  But I LOVE IT MAN.

50s, 60s and 70s? I only have to remember the last decade - I was in Pasadena for the NC win against USC and the NC game against Alabama. I can't imagine having to go back to the 30s to remember that kind of success. Then again, not even my father was alive for aggy's last title 😂