GT Shockers - 2014 Fall Season Tryouts

BryanS

For those of you that have a serious interest in becoming part of our organization, the GT Shockers will hold group tryouts on the following dates / times:

8u – not offered.

10u & 12u - College St fields in Beaumont (Complex 3 – G & H) on Saturday, July 19th. Registration will begin at 8:00am and tryouts will go through 12:00pm.

14u, 16u, & 18u - College St fields in Beaumont (Complex 3 – G, H, & I) on Saturday, July 26th. Registration will begin at 8:00am and tryouts will go through 12:00pm.

We will also have several open practice dates in each age group between now and mid August. We will not finalize our rosters until all national events have been completed. This will allow for every interested player in the region to have an opportunity to try out for our organization. Manager / coaching assignments on each age level will be issued after tryouts have been completed. We will assess the number of players and number of teams we will run during the upcoming season before Fall assignments are issued to our staff members. A few adjustments may be made here or there as a result of the unknown head count in each group.

As most of you in the area already know, we decided last year to temporarily merge with Impact Gold out of the Spring Klein area. Details communicated in those merger talks simply didn’t pan out exactly as we had discussed and hoped for. As a result, we have made the decision to keep all of our local resources here within the Golden Triangle area under the GT Shocker name. Impact Gold is a great organization, but they have grown too large and too fast for our taste. Without a doubt, this experience was worthwhile and only strengthened us as a whole. We wish the Impact Gold organization nothing but the very best.

Here are a few facts for you to consider about the GT Shockers organization:

Education comes first! It is not only important for us to produce elite level athletes on the playing field, it is equally important for us to produce elite level students in the classroom as well. Copies of report cards and progress reports are collected and monitored by the organization. A strong emphasis is put on high academic achievements to go along with elite level work ethic and physical ability. If a player is struggling in the classroom, the organization supports any and all efforts to get that student back on track, including taking necessary time away from the softball field.

We accept players throughout our entire region and do not discriminate against anyone, no matter what district you may be from. Some of our current members travel up to 90 miles one way to play for us here. Our intent is to represent every single school district within reasonable driving range to and from Beaumont, TX. This includes the entire southeast TX and southwest LA areas.

In addition to a player’s athletic / academic university scholarship, we also offer a supplemental GT Shocker scholarship to all of our graduating seniors each year. This program continues to grow and is now in its third year. The monetary amount awarded to each individual player is based off of academic performance and years of continuous service with us. It is just a small token of appreciation we show our seniors for their hard work, loyalty, and sacrifices they have made over the years. These supplemental scholarships are issued to our seniors at our annual graduation banquet we have for them at the end of each school year.

We are a 501c3 “not for profit” organization with an active Board of Directors in place and a very specific set of by-laws that we govern by. No matter if we choose to run one team or twenty from season to season, we are strictly a non-profit organization. Every penny that comes in is applied directly to the growth of our players and our organization as a whole.

We currently have coaches on the 18u, 16u, and 14u levels that are non parent coaches. As soon as we can find other qualified non parent coaches to filter down to the younger groups within our organization, we will also do the same for those age levels. Some of our coaches have been coaching at the elite levels for 20 plus years. Just like we want the best players to play for us, we also want the best coaches to coach for us. In some cases, we have had great success with parent coaches, in others, not so much. If you are interested in becoming a coach within our organization (non parent or parent), please contact me for further discussion. All final decisions on these types of decisions are made by our Board of Directors.

We have been in the full time recruiting business for six years now and have a 100% signing rate. At the present time, we are 39 for 39 players committed to numerous colleges throughout various conferences. 10 of these local female athletes are Division 1 players. Conferences include the SEC, Southland, Sunbelt, Lone Star, American Athletic, Red River, American Southwest, Heartland, and NJCAA. We are soon to announce a few more names prior to the end of the Summer season. We now have two full time recruiters on staff that will get to know every one of our players on a personal level. This part of the recruiting process is very important to our personal identity here within the GT Shockers organization.

We have a great partnership with Parisi Speed & Agility School in the Mid County and Beaumont areas. They do quite a bit of work with our players both on and off the practice fields. Scott Meyer and the rest of the Parisi crew will be helping out at our tryouts and will be available if you would like to speak with them about working with your player.

We are a Christian based organization that initiates a lot of charity work within our GT community. We are going on our fourth consecutive year working closely with our local hospitals, foster homes, and the mentally / physically challenged. We believe it is important to teach our players the meaning of giving back to those within our community that may not be able to do some of the things we are so Blessed to be able to do.

In no way are we trying to tell you that our organization is the only one out there that is the best fit for everyone because that is the farthest thing from the truth. In reality, what we offer is only for a small percentage of our local female athletes and families within our community. You must be the right fit for us, just as we must be the right fit for you. Everything we do here is strictly geared toward preparing our players for the collegiate level. When our players graduate high school and leave our organization, they are all mentally and physically prepared for any challenge they may face throughout life in general.

If you believe you are ready to take the next step, we encourage you to challenge yourselves and come out to see what we are all about. No matter what anyone else may tell you about our organization (good or bad), we ask that you personally give it a try and make up your own mind for yourselves. You will never know for sure unless you take that first step. Nothing great ever comes without a big heart, hard work, character, commitment, dedication, and sacrifice.

I have tried to be as detailed as I could be to limit the number of questions you may have. If you are interested in finding out more about our organization, please visit our website at www.gtshockers.com or feel free to personally contact anyone on our coaching staff / Board of Directors. All phone and e-mail contacts can be located on the “contacts” page of our website. We will be working closely with our webmaster over the next couple weeks to convert our entire site back over to the GT name and colors.

Thank you for taking the time to read about who we are and what we stand for. I will personally be at both tryout weekends for every age group and am looking forward to meeting you!

Bryan Sartin

President – GT Shockers

409-749-9251

[email protected]

www.gtshockers.com

Just saw this on FB and thought I would share.

"GT Shockers 12u will be having an open practice at Beaumont Athletic Complex on College Street on Thursday 7/17 from 5:30-8:00.  Please contact John Jeffrey at 409-543-8284 for additional information in coming and seeing what GT Shockers is all about."

10u & 12u team tryouts for our organization have been cancelled this weekend due to severe flooding. We will move everything to next Saturday and combine all five age groups on the same day. 

Official team tryouts for 10s, 12s, 14s, 16s, 18s will be next Saturday, July 26th at the College St fields in Beaumont - Complex 3 (fields G,H,I). Registration begins at 8:00am and tryouts will end near 12:00pm.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Bryan

409-749-9251

• 2 weeks later...