Big girl- the discussion was hypocrisy/lying

stevenash

Big GIrl, now that you have finally acknowledged the the debt is in excess of 17 trillion, lets go back to what was originally being discussed about said debt and see how you feel.

When Mr. Obama was campaigning prior to being elected, he criticized Mr. Bush for the amount of debt the country had accumulated (around 10 trillion at the end of the Bush presidency)  Mr. Obama stated, in a campaign speech( easily verified) that what Mr. Bush had done was mortgage the future of our children.  He further stated that to accumulate that much debt was irresponsible and unpatriotic.  In another campaign speech, Mr. Obama promised that, by the end of his first term, the debt would be cut in half.  We are mid way through the second term and the debt is 70% higher since he began his presidency rather than 50% lower.  Does that suggest that Mr. Obama simply lied or that he doesn't understand ( in your "friends" words) macroeconomics?  P.S.  I would prefer your opinion rather than that of a relative or friend.

So obama is not the first president to lie? Why is steve making a big deal out of it, maybe bush1 had every intention not to raise taxes but was forced to by unforseen reasons.

I agree with you Big Girl, one president lying fully and completely justifies another president to lie!!  Yep, situational ethics at it's best!!  "Look mommy, everyone else is doing it"!!

Big Girl- Not only lies, but the volume of lies. Would you like for me to list some of them again for you? There are quite a few. By the way, Bush 1 raised taxes as a means of compromise ( foreign word to Mr. Obama) and in exchange for a PROMISE from the left that for every dollar raised in revenue, there would be a $3 dollar cut in expenditures. The cut never took place. So your friend said I was an idiot? Really? Hmmm He said the debt was "around 16 trillion" and I said it was in excess of $17 trillion. Who was right. How in the world would he know enough about me to decide I was an idiot who didnt understand macroeconomics? It must be based on whatever you have communicated to him about me. Sorry, I dont have much faith in the accuracy of your representations of me to him. Once again, have him jump on this board and come to his own conclusions. By the way, I have a "friend" who thinks Mr. Obama is a communist but I dont splash it all over this board in an effort to make my points more credible.