Texas Girls Coaches Association All State

Cat22

Congrats to the following girls for being named to the TGCA All State team.

4A

Chelsea Pickering - Lumberton

Courtney Wilson - Lumberton

3A

Memri Carmeron - HF

Yoshica Spears - HJ

Katie Sanders - OF

Brittney Scott - WOS

2A

Callie Ferguson - Kountze

Gabriell Mattox - Kountze

Also the follow girls were named to the TGCA Academic All State Team.

Robyn Cash - Beaumont West Brook

Kristin Riley - Lumberton

Christine Hill - Anahuac

Katie Sanders - Orangefield

Callie Ferguson - Kountze

Gabriell Mattox - Kountze

Latonya McKinney - Kountze

Rose Croskey - High Island

Heather Lowry - High Island

Amazing how Brittney James can have a full ride scholarship to North Texas, be voted co-MVP (which was a crock!) and not be on the ALL STATE team after making it all three years prior? I'm not knocking anyone, but most of those girls over BJ? NEVER!!!

Looks like she got screwed just lik Deon did. Oh well, at least those two don't need accolades to get them where they are going!

I agree Mustang Mom that BJ should be on this list, but I know there are a couple of different all state lists. This is the TGCA. I think most go by the TABC all state team and those have not been annouced yet. BJ was the only girl from our area in 3A on the TABC team last year.

Not sure what you meant by being Co MVP being a crock.Brittany was a great player and deserved all state recognition,but if you are implying the Spears girl did not deserve Co MVP honors I would have to respectively disagree.This girl carried a very young team the entire year averaged somewhere around 28 a game and could rebound with any 3a player I ever watched.I am not from HJ however I saw her play on several occasions.The last time against Silsbee she had 30 points and 18 boards.The young lady carries herself with class and has DEFINITELY earned whatever awards she wins.Any D1 schools looking to turn around a program could definitely look at her.I dont know the Sanders girl but that is an awesome accomplishment to be named all state and academic all state.This will be hands down the toughest girls district in the state next year.Congrats to all.

I won't deny that Katie Sanders and Brittney Scott deserve the honor. Of course, the only games that I saw Spears play in, she didn't score 10 points, but that was because she was up against BJ and B Scott. Maybe I am wrong about that. However, the other one, I won't comment on.

Ditto, ditto . . .

Scott had a great season and is deserving, but you gotta give a senior her props--especially this one! Someone dropped the ball here!! But she got a lot of other honors, so don't let this one take away anything.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83