Barbers Hill Senior Night vs. New Caney

Senior's night at Barbers Hill.  Recognition tonight for our 7 Seniors who are all college bound...  We defeated New Caney tonight 6-0 in 7 innings.  The NC pitcher had our girls off balance for most of the night until the 6th inning.  Just wanted to make a post to congratulate our Seniors on going undefeated in district play for all four years of their HS careers.  They were a perfect 60-0 in district play over a four year stretch.  Along the way we saw many great battles especially with Crosby who took us to extras more than once and always played us tough.  Dayton probably gave us the biggest scare this year in a 12 inning affair where they were one pitch away from handing us our only district loss.  New Caney, Kingwood Park, Baytown Lee have been competitive on several occasions.  The competition has only made our group stronger and any success we have is as a result of playing good competition.

Looking back, it is amazing that these girls were able to go undefeated as freshman and sophomores.  Of course, much of that success was at the hands of upper classman in those early years...  Games that come back to memory include game winning hits from Maddie Sumrall and Jessie Rodriguez in crucial situations against Crosby.  Other upper classman who impacted our team heavily were Kelsey Lee, Rylan Harvey, and Kimberlin Naiver.  Without their leadership and clutch performances 60-0 would have been impossible.

Looking forward to our playoff run this year whatever that may be... Regardless of the outcome this is one amazing group of girls who have compiled a 111-14 (this record excludes scrimmage games, but counts all preseason, district, and playoff games) record in four years of HS softball leading into this years playoffs.

Amazing!  Glad I got to watch all 125 games!

U2B33, I made it a point for the last 4 years to make sure I was off to watch Crosby and BH go at it. I seen a lot of great games between the two and a couple not so great. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the Crosby bunch to break the streak those girls built over the last 4 years, but that never happened. They've got a special group of young ladies with a LOT of talent. They have accomplished an amazing feat, and I just want to wish them the best of luck heading into the playoffs and on to the next level!