Dishon - BC

Mosley - Ned

Rowell - LCM

Jones - Kelly

Hearn - PNG

Calhoun - Silsbee

Schooling - Silsbee

Are all of those WOS kids juniors?

I'd also add the Stringer kid (LHP) from BC to the 'usual list of suspects'. Where does Warner play for BC? I thought he was the catcher behind Casey Jackson? Maybe I was wrong about that????

The Treece kid is a good player for HJ, given that program and that district/level (3A). I don't recall him being a very big kid nor as throwing very hard at all -- although I haven't seen him since the summer and maybe that's changed !?!?

Are all of those WOS kids juniors?

I'd also add the Stringer kid (LHP) from BC to the 'usual list of suspects'. Where does Warner play for BC? I thought he was the catcher behind Casey Jackson? Maybe I was wrong about that????

The Treece kid is a good player for HJ' date=' given that program and that district/level (3A). I don't recall him being a very big kid nor as throwing very hard at all -- although I haven't seen him since the summer and maybe that's changed !?!?[/quote'] Yes, WOS has quite a few Juniors.

I am trying to figure this out, why is Brad Croak, who made first team all district in 20-4a as a sophomore not on the pre-season all area team? Is it because he plays at Vidor? Please explain this to me because I would sure like to hear the reasoning behind it.

I am trying to figure this out' date=' why is Brad Croak, who made first team all district in 20-4a as a sophomore not on the pre-season all area team? Is it because he plays at Vidor? Please explain this to me because I would sure like to hear the reasoning behind it.[/quote']

I don't know if this is the case here, but, it is not unusual for the third or fourth best player at a position to make first team all district. The coaches are not allowed to vote for their own players. Because of this, the coach from player number one's school votes for the third best player in the district thinking his player will win if he does not vote for the other best candidate. The other top candidate's coach also votes for the third best player not wanting to give player two a vote. Player three had a good game against say, Central and gets their vote and wham bam thank you mam, the third best player in the district is first team all district. I have watched it happen for years. Some times the kid never makes first team again.

I am not saying this is the case here. I am just pointing out that this happens more often than you think.

What ever happened to that Milligan kid from LCM? I watched him absolutely pound the ball last year in the Nederland Senior Babe Ruth league. I figured he would be dominating the hitting over there in Bear country. Any info would be helpful.

I heard he quit because he didn't get a varsity jersey. That is too bad, I am sure not many of the younger kids did with all the returning starters, but he probably would have been an asset to varsity next year.

From what I have seen so far this season, the Bears are stacked 1 thru 9 and have a solid bench of back-up seniors that would be starters on any other team around. Ive seen this happen before, where a kid or two suffers because the class in front of them is loaded with talent; with this being said, to quit is the wrong thing to do :cry: , you only play Highschool ball once in your life "MAKE THE MOST OF IT" !!!!! :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124