Broncos can’t fix what isn’t broken

Octfeb

[quote name="SFA85" post="1428138" timestamp="1377562857"]
I haven't seen a Dayton team look this bad in a long time.  Watched the Nederland scrimmage with a co-worker online.
[/quote]im not trying to be funny but most dayton fans thought the same thing about Ned after last years scrimmage. Difference was Ned got better every week while dayton somehow got worse. Ned has an excellent coaching staff. When I watched the routes your receivers ran it was very impressive. You can tell those kids are coached up big time. Oh yeah it also doesn't hurt having the best defensive lineman in the area.

I think the biggest difference was Nederland was resting as in NOT PLAYING a down a lot of their starters.  I don't remember the list, but Nederland probably scrimmaged Dayton with no less than 7-8 starters resting. That's the main reason no one in Nederland panicked, we knew the deal.  May have been the case for Dayton last Friday.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1428145" timestamp="1377563940"]
I think the biggest difference was Nederland was resting as in NOT PLAYING a down a lot of their starters.  I don't remember the list, but Nederland probably scrimmaged Dayton with no less than 7-8 starters resting. That's the main reason no one in Nederland panicked, we knew the deal.  May have been the case for Dayton last Friday.
[/quote]maybe you didn't panick but you really need to go back and read the post.

Went to practice today and tempo was upbeat.ALL the fb coaches giving instruction/guidance esp to the underclassmen stepping into varsity shoes for the 1st time.And the last time a Bronco team didn't look very good early(no mickey mouse teams either)we had playoff success.I'll remind you when talking of success=most yrs we've had 17 to 21 seniors and I examine other 4a rosters we play that have 29-45 seniors.We may not have the turnout of a Friendswood/Ned/PNG/Angleton/Elkins/Aldine Ike etc etc but Dayton Staff has faired well w/young talent alot of years.I'm waiting for the year we have 30 srs for leadership 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin