Crentral , Lamarque and Friendswood scrimmage

Well this scrimmage was depressing (remember I'm a Friendswood fan)

La Marque:

For some reason Friendswood had very few plays (if any, memory going) against the La Marque offense.  Wont surprise anyone to know that they are fast.  What struck me most was how big their right tackle was.  Kid has to be 6'6" at least.  If that kid stepped up his fitness and effort level he would be able to write his own ticket at any University.  If he gets his hands on you you are dead.

Defensively La Marque swarms to the ball really well.  They arent real big on Defense, but quick and athletic.  Their nose tackle was a menace for Friendswood.  He consistently pushed our center and guard (sometimes both) into the backfield disrupting pulling guards and tackles from the off side and generally wrecking havoc in our run game.

Beaumont Central:

Friendswood didnt have as many plays against the Central defense as La Marques.  Coverage was good, but not a lot of pressure on the QB without two man blitzes.  Solid defensive line against the run.

Central Offense looked really good.  Central didnt wear numbers so I dont have any way to identify specific players, but their running  backs were  very good one cut backs.  If they got to the edge they turned it up for big gains and hit the holes quick and decisively.

Friendswood:

The offense looked bad.  Because we run a lot of quick hitting and misdirection plays we can pick up three or four yds a run.  Which would be fine (if completely un-Friendswood) until the D coordinator caught on.  In fairness our starting tailback got a concussion in practice on Wednesday and he probably would have made a difference.  Our QBs couldnt hit the side of a barn with their throws.  We might have had one completion of over ten yards.  If the pass game doesnt go, we are cooked.  Our QB's are better than they played so it is likely that we are a good bit better on O than we looked last night.

The starting defense looked good.  Not to make excuses, but it seemed clear that after the first series the Defensive coaches held out many starters.  Beaumont scored on us three times I think and I dont think our whole starting D line was in and not all of our starting linebackers.  That said it looks like we might struggle (again) to stop the outside running game.

Not panicking because we are probably looking at 3rd or 4th in district (Texas City and Dawson should battle for 1st and 2nd), but given Dayton's less than spectacular performance this week and our stinker scrimmage, I'm not so sure that we wont struggle against Galena Park and be in a dog fight against GCM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox