barbershill vs. hamshire fannett

HF Played a good scrimmage. Defense very much improved in one week. Good contact tonight. HF recovered 4 fumbles and an interception. BH did not score on ones. Two's gave up a couple of touchdowns. Offense for HF has not had much rhythm. Taking to long for plays to develop. Receivers dropping too many balls. Receivers need to grow up fast for HF to have success.

H-f looks like another year of trying to run the spread on O u would thank we may try something different without points on the board it don't matter how good the D is 48 mins on the field will kill anybody. I hope coaches see that r it will be another long season

[quote name="Steven" post="1426985" timestamp="1377365213"]
H-f looks like another year of trying to run the spread on O u would thank we may try something different without points on the board it don't matter how good the D is 48 mins on the field will kill anybody. I hope coaches see that r it will be another long season
[/quote]
I am sure they will figure it out.

BH had a rough scrimmage with 4-5 turnovers on Offense. Deffense held HF scorless and BH scored 1 with 1st team and 1 with second team during simulation. During the live quarters 2nd string QB played for BH the majority of the time with Caleb only taking a few snaps. BH won the live quarters 13-0. All in all it was the 1st scrimmage and they got some things to work out before district begins.

[quote name="Horns93" post="1426760" timestamp="1377315218"]
HF Played a good scrimmage. Defense very much improved in one week. Good contact tonight. HF recovered 4 fumbles and an interception. BH did not score on ones. Two's gave up a couple of touchdowns. Offense for HF has not had much rhythm. Taking to long for plays to develop. Receivers dropping too many balls. Receivers need to grow up fast for HF to have success.
[/quote]

BH moved the ball up and down the field from what I heard.  The offense from HF didn't have any 1ST downs vs. the BH starting defense and could only muster maybe 2 against the BH 2nd unit.
HF will be lucky to win 2 games .

[quote name="oldman" post="1427239" timestamp="1377398497"]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=113507.msg1426760#msg1426760 date=1377315218]
[/quote]

BH moved the ball up and down the field from what I heard.  The offense from HF didn't have any 1ST downs vs. the BH starting defense and could only muster maybe 2 against the BH 2nd unit.
[/quote]
Well, OLDMAN, you heard wrong.

Old man u r rite they moved ball but D did ok the O did not get many first downs I thank second team made a few to many passes not enough run we have a good size line they need to put them on the sled and bear crawling and teach them how to drive there man down the field if they do that we a be ok if not it maybe a long season. We've been trying to throw ball for years now and we haven't won maybe we need to go back to the old longhorn way and drive it up and down the field like back n the 90 s

[quote name="Horns93" post="1427302" timestamp="1377407641"]
[quote author=oldman link=topic=113507.msg1427239#msg1427239 date=1377398497]
[quote author=Horns93 link=topic=113507.msg1426760#msg1426760 date=1377315218]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well, OLDMAN, you heard wrong.
[/quote]

Nope,  I heard correct.  BH isn't a big play offense.  They methodically move the ball down the field.  Racking up 1st downs and running the clock.  Trust me.....HF will not win many games this year.

Defensively BH looks to have the best all around defense I have seen in a while.  Pass protection is greatly improved, linebackers seem to always be there.  Oneil playing middle linbacker was very interesting and should help put the fear in any running back.

Offense, well we sucked.  Period.  Line is small, same old ars running game is boring, and we threw way too many interceptions.  I am hoping we are just protecting the D-1 baseball player Denny, but he almost didn't play at all, which I would think he needs the game time practice. Only positive I saw is we have a few more athletes.  One good little running back and a couple receivers with size. 

Did I mention our lines are small?  Wow, we won't run the ball on anyone.

It was interesting. Looked like the coaches were giving a lot of kids time to see what they can do. Tailback Hunter Curry looked great and that Gobert kids TD late in scrimmage was awesome. He might come in super handy to give Nick a break on offense. Thought Hobbs at outside linebacker looked fantastic. The bookends Duff & Cauley are returning from last year and beasts. Defense was just solid. We had some turnovers and they will cure that. As far as Denny goes, he gets plenty of reps at prac and we know how good he is. I would not play him much at all till Crosby.

LOL...... Yeah.... We are not taking on Katy or anything early on. I will def take some smack on our preseason games. Coaches are looking at a lot of kids that are doing all they can to dress out for BH on Friday night. I see parents in the stands hollering for their kids. Hands clinched, white knuckles. Just like elsewhere in Texas it means so much. Good luck to everyone and really rooting for Dayton, we love em and hate em at the same time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin