Two a Days?

[quote name="fwoodfan" post="1421763" timestamp="1375802588"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=113135.msg1421723#msg1421723 date=1375796306]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113135.msg1421717#msg1421717 date=1375795445]
LOL there was no cell phone... usually just a call or two on the land line to figure out where the kids of the neighborhood were at... usually in someones backyard creating the next game of hide and seek, or marbles, or chase, or figuring out whose house we were going to camp out in the backyard... aaahhh and the taste of that cool water from a Garden hose....  Of course now a days that is bad for you...
[/quote] Don't forget catching crawfish in the ditch after a good rain. Getting little sticks and have pretend boat races by the curb on the street as the water was rushing down into the gutters... Whoevers stick got there first won... Riding your bike all day in the neighborhood with NO HANDS.. LOL Oh how I miss those days... ;)
[/quote]

You guys are choking me up.  There is no way most kids today would have the patience to sit for hours next to a ditch with a piece of bacon tied to a piece of string and a stick and weighted down with pebbles trying to catch a big ol' crawdad.

Back to football, there is one heat difference today than from back in my day and that's the artificial turf.  [b]Those black pellets under field turf absorb alot of heat and make the field itself a source of heat during practice.[/b]
[/quote]

LOL we still have natural practice and game field.... but we have our workout building is an old basketball court that was enclosed with 2 big fans at each end, 1 normal door and 2 garage doors, and the artificial turf from the National championship game in the Superdome a few years back ... they call it the HOT BOX... its like working out in an oven....  LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder