Katy ISD New Stadium

[quote name="bigdog" post="1420079" timestamp="1374202258"]
True, but building out just one as a stadium for the south end high schools would not cost as much.  A couple of them already have a pretty good set of stands on one side.  They would have to build visitor's stands, a press box and restrooms and maybe one or two concession stands and that's it.
[/quote]

The stands at Cinco and Seven Lakes are not near big enough even for a visitors side. With that said, I agree that Cinco would've been a prime location. I remember when they added turf to the practice fields. The field is nice, But they would've needed to add stands. I think it would've been ok to build an 8,000 seat stadium since all, but Katy have a small fanbase. Cinco may have a little more, but 8k would be fine. They could've built that for around 10-12 million ala PNG stadium. The problem with Katy ISd is they are trying to keep up with the Jones. Every HS has a notatorium and are built like palaces. Katy better be careful or they will go broke. Maxed out on school tax rate already. When I lived there the taxes were insane.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1419916" timestamp="1374167311"]
Rendering shows a nice stadium, but not as nice as TURNER.

Katy should take a page from Humble and do a major renovation of Rhodes a.k.a. "the dump."  Better yet, build a new stadium, one that is truly befitting of a perennial State Championship program.  No reason why Katy shouldn't have a stadium every bit as nice as Allen.  The money is there ...Katy should spend it.  The Tigers have earned the respect of a top notch facility.
[/quote]

Yhe problem is the money isn't there. That's why they laid off teachers a couple of years ago. Too many people moving there and not enough schools. That's why they are doing bond referendums every couple of years. Katy ISD will eventually have about 10-11 high schools in the future once the northside starts growth. Also another HS is scheduled for the Cross Creek Ranch area.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1420096" timestamp="1374205351"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112967.msg1419916#msg1419916 date=1374167311]

Katy should take a page from Humble and do a major renovation of Rhodes a.k.a. "the dump."  Better yet, build a new stadium, one that is truly befitting of a perennial State Championship program.  No reason why Katy shouldn't have a stadium every bit as nice as Allen.  The money is there ...Katy should spend it.  The Tigers have earned the respect of a top notch facility.
[/quote]

Yhe problem is the money isn't there. That's why they laid off teachers a couple of years ago. Too many people moving there and not enough schools. That's why they are doing bond referendums every couple of years. Katy ISD will eventually have about 10-11 high schools in the future once the northside starts growth. Also another HS is scheduled for the Cross Creek Ranch area.
[/quote]

HUH?  People moving there, but money isn't there?

I've heard on this forum that ticket sales really don't generate big dollars ...is that really true?  A stadium like Rhodes has to be pulling in some BIG BUCKS.  A LARGE state of the art stadium in Katy could be a profit center for the district.

If Katy ISD is going broke, sum-body is mismanaging at a large proportion.

Look at the math ...SC pulls on average 10,000 per home game ...so 5 home games times an average ticket price of $5 = WINNING!  Look for the new SC mascot/tunnel coming this season.  1.2 million for the finest materials and gold inlays.

There is plenty of people and tax revenue moving into the district.  In my neighborhood there were about 20 houses in our edition when i moved there a year and a couple of months ago.  Now there are at least 80-90 houses that have been built, and about 30 more going up now.  That's one side of one edition. Not to mention Falcon , Firethorne and some of the others that are blowing up right now.  As far as SC averaging 10,000 per home game, I seriously doubt that.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1420137" timestamp="1374247208"]
There is plenty of people and tax revenue moving into the district.  In my neighborhood there were about 20 houses in our edition when i moved there a year and a couple of months ago.  Now there are at least 80-90 houses that have been built, and about 30 more going up now.  That's one side of one edition. Not to mention Falcon , Firethorne and some of the others that are blowing up right now.  As far as SC averaging 10,000 per home game, I seriously doubt that.
[/quote]

There's no doubt people are moving there. The problem is they are maxed out on tax rate. I read several articles where that affects the bonds, etc. I don't understand the whole process, but there has been reports of issues on so many bonds, maybe because others haven't been paid off before they are floating others. Remember sales taxes is what helps the most. Residential taxes help, but not near as much.The issue is they could've built the stadium for the southside schools on the southside, but wouldn't do that because it would upset the original Katy political folks. ;)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1420136" timestamp="1374246567"]

Look at the math ...SC pulls on average [s][b]10,000[/b][/s] 1,000 per home game ...so 5 home games times an average ticket price of $5 = WINNING!  Look for the new SC mascot/tunnel coming this season.  1.2 million for the finest materials and gold inlays.
[/quote]

Here ya go.  Fixed that for you  ;) ;)

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1420147" timestamp="1374248375"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=112967.msg1420137#msg1420137 date=1374247208]
[/quote]

There's no doubt people are moving there. The problem is they are maxed out on tax rate. I read several articles where that affects the bonds, etc. I don't understand the whole process, but there has been reports of issues on so many bonds, maybe because others haven't been paid off before they are floating others. Remember sales taxes is what helps the most. Residential taxes help, but not near as much.The issue is they could've built the stadium for the southside schools on the southside, but wouldn't do that because it would upset the original Katy political folks. ;)
[/quote]

Okay ....this makes sense.  Katy is exploding and its tough keeping up with the growth.  For example, 20,000 people move to Katy this year ...and the ISD must be prepared to educate recent arrivals before that tax money gets flowing.  So, the ISD has to build in anticipation of the new arrivals based on home building.  Sounds like Katy is over-extended right now, but should be back into fat city once those tax payments start rolling in.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1420136" timestamp="1374246567"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=112967.msg1420096#msg1420096 date=1374205351]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112967.msg1419916#msg1419916 date=1374167311]

[/quote]

[/quote]

HUH?  People moving there, but money isn't there?

I've heard on this forum that ticket sales really don't generate big dollars ...is that really true?  A stadium like Rhodes has to be pulling in some BIG BUCKS.  A LARGE state of the art stadium in Katy could be a profit center for the district.

If Katy ISD is going broke, sum-body is mismanaging at a large proportion.

Look at the math ...[b]SC pulls on average 10,000 per home game[/b] ...so 5 home games times an average ticket price of $5 = WINNING!  Look for the new SC mascot/tunnel coming this season.  1.2 million for the finest materials and gold inlays.
[/quote]Show us those numbers then show us your mythical Regional semifinalist title trophy, I doubt you can do either one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83