Place your bets ...which team will win district 19-4A this year?

Which team will win district 19-4A this year?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win district 19-4A this year?

• Barbers Hill
    • C.E. King
    • Crosby
    • Dayton
    • Humble
    • Kingwood Park
    • New Caney
    • Porter
    • Summer Creek

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412205" timestamp="1370803932"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=112445.msg1412195#msg1412195 date=1370801231]
BH or Crosby
[/quote]

I really need to see how SC comes out this year.  I know I'm the consumate homer and trash talker, but I had no idea SC was going to be as good as they were last year.  The year before was a surprise too.  So, this year's team could show up even better with more kids that surprise me with their play. On the flip side, they could lay an egg too.  Last year's team had a personality and chemistry.  We lost some key big time players (Greg Hogan, KeVonn Aldrige...), but we have some others in the pipeline like Sydney Holt-Washington and Torrey Johnson (who has been incredible since his sophmore year). Duente Chapman is looking to have a stellar year too.

Our defense is a BIG "if" ...last year's defense was good ...more of a bend but don't break style of defense.  They definitely weren't a defense like Nederland's.  Those guys where the kind of defense that kept their offense in the game.  Dakota Allen will be in his senior year.  I believe everyone is expecting a HUGE year from him.  He'll definitely be the captain.  Really hoping for some new guys to step up and surprise the district.
[/quote]
Another "If" is Honora replacing Matlock at nose guard. He looked pretty good as matlock's backup last year.

[quote name="liltex" post="1412228" timestamp="1370816004"]
25,000 SC fans @ Turner?Really?I was @ College station for the GT game,you know the last of the mohicans-and there may have been 1,500 on SC side.1/3 of those were just FB fans that came to see a great game ??? ;) ;D
[/quote]they didn't have 3,000 at the BH game lol  ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1412228" timestamp="1370816004"]
25,000 SC fans @ Turner?Really?I was @ College station for the GT game,you know the last of the mohicans-and there may have been 1,500 on SC side.1/3 of those were just FB fans that came to see a great game ??? ;) ;D
[/quote]
To be fair there was only about 2000 capacity on the visitors side. I got there about 20 minutes before kickoff and had trouble finding a seat. But anyway, we are a small but dedicated group of fans at SC. Only 370 alumni (last year anyway, as of May we have around 850-900 alum), usually more parents and younger children than high school students at the games.

[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=112445.msg1412054#msg1412054 date=1370704629]
Dayton was 9-2 with their 2 losses against 2 of the top 10 teams in the state. For most teams that would be a great season. That was also with almost all our skill position players being sophmores. I just dont see a drop off this year. Not to mention dayton will have the best nose guard they have had in several years which is very important with the 3-4 they run.
[/quote

I'd like to know who the secret nose gaurd is?Tousant the 3 yr starter graduated ??? 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1412301" timestamp="1370877704"]
My pic-ems in order=Crosby-SC-KW Park/Dayt/BH battlin for the last 2 spots
[/quote]secret nose guard is no secret. Jordan Treyhan played o-line last year as a sophmore. He is already bigger than Charles and will be an impact player on the dline. Right now he is probably about 260 and can crush a baseball but thats another story. One more thing liltex. Charles was a 3 year starter on dline not nose. Wright was the nose in 2010. Wright had the size for the position. Charles played it the next 2 years and while he was good he was undersized and out of position. IMO he would have been a better 3tech.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01