Astros are making a mess in the Public Relations Dept.

See the article in the PA News.

http://panews.com/sports/x508502059/Coleman-column-Astros-actions-create-off-field-dismay
It is interesting to read what some of the Astros bloggers have written. One of them has called the Astros the Randy Travis of MLB. I'm not pulling for the Astros to fail, but reading this kind of stuff makes me understand that Jim Crane is the man I thought he was. What a mess.

From what I understood, the gala would not stop. It would be run by the Astros organization and not a non-profit organization led by the players wives.

[b]In January, Astros owner Jim Crane told the event’s organizer that the Astros would be taking over the gala.

“Judy as discussed our foundation will handle the event this year,” Crane told Judy Nichols, who organized the event, in a Jan.25 email. “We will not need your services moving forward. We appreciate what you have done in the past. Meg Valliancourt (sic) is our new executive director of the Astros In Action Foundation and you can hand this off to her. Thanks Jim Crane.”[/b]http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2013/05/14/astros-cancel-annual-wives-gala-fundraiser/?cmpid=sportshcat

Either way, it's a PR mess.

Reid Ryan, the son of Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, will be named the next president of the Houston Astros, MLB.com reported Thursday.

Reid Ryan currently runs the Triple-A Round Rock Express (Rangers) and Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks (Astros), both of which are owned by Nolan Ryan and Houston businessman Don Sanders.

According to the report, the Astros will introduce Reid Ryan at a Friday news conference.

The hiring of Reid Ryan will end a short search for a new president after George Postolos announced his resignation Monday.

Reid Ryan, 41, has been serving on the board of trustees for Major League Baseball, the executive committee of the Pacific Coast League and is the board of trustees representative for the Baseball Internet Rights Company.

Reid Ryan's father played nine of his 27 major league seasons with the Astros, and is baseball's all-time strikeout leader.  He is currently president and CEO of the Texas Rangers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw