Summer Creek is going to be nasty this year... See Aaron Sharp

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1403966" timestamp="1368374264"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111838.msg1403164#msg1403164 date=1368231752]
And to be clear.  The multiple starters that are zoned to Humble High School are there because Humble in 2009-2010 failed to track students after they left their campus, and were counted as drop outs.  This put Humble in an Academically Unacceptable rating (since rectified, as the school was a yea later made Academically Recognized.)  This places a 3 year transfer window for any student for any reason to any school.   

Summer Creek undoubtedly is athletic and boasts a 5a attendance pool to draw from.  The transfers they got placed them on a pace to compete far sooner then expected.  Imagine if Gregory Hogan had remained the QB running that silly zone read offense they had their first year, WITHOUT Sharp coming in every 2 possessions?  Would we be singing the same praises?  probably not.  This class has 4 kids starting that had Humble just counted the students moving out of there school properly, would of NEVER attended summer creek.      Can you imagine a successful Summer Creek without Sharp?  As talented as they are.....no way.

Summer Creek was very blessed to open at the time it did, it was a perfect storm for them to create a very formable team.
[/quote]well they all graduate this next year. So i guess we will see what kind of team they continue to field. Just a side not we are talking about a team that has won one playoff game and if this year doesnt pan out it might be a while before they are considered a deep playoff threat. I also think humble will have a good shot at the playoffs. They had some kids last year that looked good but the team just seemed unorganized. Maybe with this coach having a year under his belt things will change.
[/quote]

Humble has some talent that is for sure, but the team last year was a mess largely because it was almost an entirely new staff  that came in late may with no time to install their system.

I have attended several of Humble's practices, and they have a lot more size this year.  They will compete, but until i see them finish an entire game...i will reserve judgement on the possibility of them landing a 4th seed.  They definitely have the horses, it just has to all come together first.  Both lines have improved tremendously, and the defense last year was actually pretty good.    If the offense can manage to sustain drives, then they have a shot at the playoffs.  I still maintain they are a year away from competing for a district title again.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HUM398" post="1405933" timestamp="1368893219"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=111838.msg1403966#msg1403966 date=1368374264]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111838.msg1403164#msg1403164 date=1368231752]
And to be clear.  The multiple starters that are zoned to Humble High School are there because Humble in 2009-2010 failed to track students after they left their campus, and were counted as drop outs.  This put Humble in an Academically Unacceptable rating (since rectified, as the school was a yea later made Academically Recognized.)  This places a 3 year transfer window for any student for any reason to any school.   

Summer Creek undoubtedly is athletic and boasts a 5a attendance pool to draw from.  The transfers they got placed them on a pace to compete far sooner then expected.  Imagine if Gregory Hogan had remained the QB running that silly zone read offense they had their first year, WITHOUT Sharp coming in every 2 possessions?  Would we be singing the same praises?  probably not.  This class has 4 kids starting that had Humble just counted the students moving out of there school properly, would of NEVER attended summer creek.      Can you imagine a successful Summer Creek without Sharp?  As talented as they are.....no way.

Summer Creek was very blessed to open at the time it did, it was a perfect storm for them to create a very formable team.
[/quote]well they all graduate this next year. So i guess we will see what kind of team they continue to field. Just a side not we are talking about a team that has won one playoff game and if this year doesnt pan out it might be a while before they are considered a deep playoff threat. I also think humble will have a good shot at the playoffs. They had some kids last year that looked good but the team just seemed unorganized. Maybe with this coach having a year under his belt things will change.
[/quote]

Humble has some talent that is for sure, but the team last year was a mess largely because it was almost an entirely new staff  that came in late may with no time to install their system.

I have attended several of Humble's practices, and they have a lot more size this year.  They will compete, but until i see them finish an entire game...i will reserve judgement on the possibility of them landing a 4th seed.  They definitely have the horses, it just has to all come together first.  Both lines have improved tremendously, and the defense last year was actually pretty good.    If the offense can manage to sustain drives, then they have a shot at the playoffs.  I still maintain they are a year away from competing for a district title again.
[/quote]
I agree, I think humble will be back to being really good in 2014, they had a heck of a sophomore class last season.

Yes the sophomore class was good.  And the freshman class last year while raw, has a ton of talent.  I also hear that we have a pretty strong freshman class coming in this year.

All sign point to a formable Humble in the near future.  I have a lot of faith in the new head coach.  It wasn't pretty last year, but i haven't seen the Humble players respond so well against adversity in YEARS.  it was the first year i saw the best kid play, rather then the most talented....regardless of experience.  Perhaps that had a lot to do with a very small senior class, perhaps not.  Either way it will pay off huge.

All eyes on SC as they should be.

Our defense will be IMPROVED this year.  Have some really strong players returning and some joining varsity.  Biggest concern is the DB's.  Lost two seniors, but have some good players in the pipeline.  Our linebacking corp will really surprise this region.

Offense ...the Greatest Show on Turf continues.  Biggest concerns are at RB.  I still believe our returning guy was a better receiver.  We also lost a big play receiver in Greg Hogan  ...and 3 year starter DeQuann "Birdman" Ruffin.  We still have all sorts of depth at wideout.  Most notably Torrey Johnson.  He's a big play guy with incredible hands.  I've seen him snag some one handed catches.

The district is locked up.  Barbers Hill game will be interesting.  I'm expecting SC to put some big numbers up to make sure BH has no more bragging about playing us the closest last year. 

[quote name="HUM398" post="1406277" timestamp="1369059084"]
Yes the sophomore class was good.  And the freshman class last year while raw, has a ton of talent.  I also hear that we have a pretty strong freshman class coming in this year.

All sign point to a formable Humble in the near future.  I have a lot of faith in the new head coach.  It wasn't pretty last year, but i haven't seen the Humble players respond so well against adversity in YEARS.  it was the first year i saw the best kid play, rather then the most talented....regardless of experience.  Perhaps that had a lot to do with a very small senior class, perhaps not.  Either way it will pay off huge.
[/quote]

Any talent Humble might of had will be coming to SC to WIN.  Wouldn't be surprised if kids from Atascocita HS make their way down the street too.  Not saying they will break rules to attend ...but they'll change residence to be in SC's zone.  Every kid in Humble ISD that's interested in winning wants to be a bulldog.  They probably buy our sports merchandise.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407159" timestamp="1369247873"]

Our defense will be IMPROVED this year.  Have some really strong players returning and some joining varsity.  Biggest concern is the DB's.  Lost two seniors, but have some good players in the pipeline.  Our linebacking corp will really surprise this region.

Offense ...the Greatest Show on Turf continues.  Biggest concerns are at RB.  I still believe our returning guy was a better receiver.  We also lost a big play receiver in Greg Hogan  ...and 3 year starter DeQuann "Birdman" Ruffin.  We still have all sorts of depth at wideout.  Most notably Torrey Johnson.  He's a big play guy with incredible hands.  I've seen him snag some one handed catches.

The district is locked up.  Barbers Hill game will be interesting.  I'm expecting SC to put some big numbers up to make sure BH has no more bragging about playing us the closest last year.
[/quote]
I thought we graduated 3 starters at DB, the corners Goree and Jenkins, and safety Michael Stewart. We return Francis, and we had a lot of young guys like Julius Perkins and Tremaine Wilson as backups. Is it true that they moved Gary Graves to safety?

I also thought Braden was good at WR, do you think it would benefit the team more to have Jeffery at RB?

[quote name="aschom78" post="1407169" timestamp="1369248729"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407159#msg1407159 date=1369247873]

[/quote]
I thought we graduated 3 starters at DB, the corners Goree and Jenkins, and safety Michael Stewart. We return Francis, and we had a lot of young guys like Julius Perkins and Tremaine Wilson as backups. Is it true that they moved Gary Graves to safety?

I also thought Braden was good at WR, do you think it would benefit the team more to have Jeffery at RB?
[/quote]

You are correct.  I missed Michael Stewart. 

Not sure about Graves, but its possible.  I could see them moving Francis to corner to help with depth.  Tre' Wilson has moved to linebacker.  I saw him recently.  He's really put on muscle.  He's always been a vicious hitter...that's a big contributing factor to his getting moved up to Varsity as a sophmore.

The RB situation is tricky.  I believe the coaches trust Jordan to protect the ball.  He also has great speed and can make moves.  I'd be worried to see a new guy carry the load at RB.  We really need a solid running game to keep us from being too predicatable.  Coach Ford is pass crazy and that can lead to losses in big games ...as we saw from that 5A team that got whooped in State.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407174" timestamp="1369249516"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111838.msg1407169#msg1407169 date=1369248729]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407159#msg1407159 date=1369247873]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure about Graves, but its possible.  I could see them moving Francis to corner to help with depth.  Tre' Wilson has moved to linebacker.  I saw him recently.  He's really put on muscle.  He's always been a vicious hitter...that's a big contributing factor to his getting moved up to Varsity as a sophmore.

The RB situation is tricky.  I believe the coaches trust Jordan to protect the ball.  He also has great speed and can make moves.  I'd be worried to see a new guy carry the load at RB.  We really need a solid running game to keep us from being too predicatable.  Coach Ford is pass crazy and that can lead to losses in big games ...as we saw from that 5A team that got whooped in State.
[/quote]
I think they should at least give Jeffery a shot at RB, he has proven that he can be really dangerous out of the backfield in the spread, with a less than stellar King O-line I might add. 800+ yards rushing with a few catches for over 100 yards, 1st team all district is a pretty good resume.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407159" timestamp="1369247873"]

[/quote]

hey!!! DemDawwgs, Your back!!!!!! We missed you

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1407221" timestamp="1369255910"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is "we"?  ;)

[quote name="png1977" post="1407226" timestamp="1369256570"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111838.msg1407221#msg1407221 date=1369255910]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is "we"?  ;)
[/quote]

LOL

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407171" timestamp="1369248860"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=111807.msg1407160#msg1407160 date=1369247889]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111807.msg1407127#msg1407127 date=1369245918]
Georgetown?  They're a 5A team.  I really don't know what you're referring too.  I heard about a team from that area that got embarrassed at State last year.  Hopefully they'll do better this year.

Anyway, back to 2013-2014 District Champs ...we're the biggest game on every schedule.  Please talk to your boys.  No tears this year.  Just give thanks for the opportunity to see The Greatest perform.
[/quote] This will probably be your last season in 4-A y'all are already sniffing at 5-A numbers. 2015 I see SC somewhere in the bottom of whatever district you get realiened in.
[/quote]

I don't see it happening.  Our area is pretty much fully developed.  Unless another large master plan community pops up, we'll probably see a drop in enrollment.  [b]We took in some kids from Humble due to their low rating, but I hear they're back in good graces.  Humble HS sure could take some more kids in their renovated school.[/b]

A single Humble ISD HS would be a POWERHOUSE in 5A, but they split up the schools.  My belief is they want to give more kids a chance to play and been seen.  Our region has sent a lot of kids to the college ranks.  I hear we're one of the highest recruited regions in the country.
[/quote]

[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407162#msg1407162 date=1369248166]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111838.msg1406277#msg1406277 date=1369059084]

[/quote]

[b]Any talent Humble might of had will be coming to SC to WIN.[/b]  Wouldn't be surprised if kids from Atascocita HS make their way down the street too.  Not saying they will break rules to attend ...but they'll change residence to be in SC's zone.  Every kid in Humble ISD that's interested in winning wants to be a bulldog.  They probably buy our sports merchandise.
[/quote]

So check this out. According to the quote made above you said kids will be leaving SC to go back to Humble because of the new renovations and the new rating. You said this on another thread.

But according to this quote you are saying any Humble talent is gonna move to SC because they want to win.

Make up your mind kid.    ::)

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1407221" timestamp="1369255910"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you sir.

This should be a REALLY fun season. So many haters in the district and the region.  I just don't understand the hate when we made ourselves so easy to LOVE.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1407242" timestamp="1369257986"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111807.msg1407171#msg1407171 date=1369248860]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111807.msg1407127#msg1407127 date=1369245918]
Georgetown?  They're a 5A team.  I really don't know what you're referring too.  I heard about a team from that area that got embarrassed at State last year.  Hopefully they'll do better this year.

Anyway, back to 2013-2014 District Champs ...we're the biggest game on every schedule.  Please talk to your boys.  No tears this year.  Just give thanks for the opportunity to see The Greatest perform.
[/quote] This will probably be your last season in 4-A y'all are already sniffing at 5-A numbers. 2015 I see SC somewhere in the bottom of whatever district you get realiened in.
[/quote]

I don't see it happening.  Our area is pretty much fully developed.  Unless another large master plan community pops up, we'll probably see a drop in enrollment.  [b]We took in some kids from Humble due to their low rating, but I hear they're back in good graces.  Humble HS sure could take some more kids in their renovated school.[/b]

A single Humble ISD HS would be a POWERHOUSE in 5A, but they split up the schools.  My belief is they want to give more kids a chance to play and been seen.  Our region has sent a lot of kids to the college ranks.  I hear we're one of the highest recruited regions in the country.
[/quote]

[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407162#msg1407162 date=1369248166]

[/quote]

[b]Any talent Humble might of had will be coming to SC to WIN.[/b]  Wouldn't be surprised if kids from Atascocita HS make their way down the street too.  Not saying they will break rules to attend ...but they'll change residence to be in SC's zone.  Every kid in Humble ISD that's interested in winning wants to be a bulldog.  They probably buy our sports merchandise.
[/quote]

So check this out. According to the quote made above you said kids will be leaving SC to go back to Humble because of the new renovations and the new rating. You said this on another thread.

But according to this quote you are saying any Humble talent is gonna move to SC because they want to win.

[/quote]

Yes, the 5 or 10 kids that we may let in the locker room.  I'm not talking about the regular student body.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1407204" timestamp="1369252922"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407174#msg1407174 date=1369249516]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think they should at least give Jeffery a shot at RB, he has proven that he can be really dangerous out of the backfield in the spread, with a less than stellar King O-line I might add. 800+ yards rushing with a few catches for over 100 yards, 1st team all district is a pretty good resume.
[/quote]

Say what now?  AJ Jeffery?  Did he transfer from CE King?  Just asked my sons and they confirmed.  WOW.  We must have the same scouting program as Katy...lol.  YES!  They should definitely give him a shot a RB.  He's got better stats than any of our guys from last year ...granted we passed a lot and CE King was a running team.  I'll be at the Spring Ball game as will the rest of our district fans.

[quote name="png1977" post="1407226" timestamp="1369256570"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111838.msg1407221#msg1407221 date=1369255910]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who is "we"?  ;)
[/quote] That mouse in her pocket....  ;)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407256" timestamp="1369260141"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111838.msg1407242#msg1407242 date=1369257986]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111807.msg1407171#msg1407171 date=1369248860]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, the 5 or 10 kids that we may let in the locker room.  I'm not talking about the regular student body.
[/quote]
Lol okay kid.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407269" timestamp="1369261134"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111838.msg1407204#msg1407204 date=1369252922]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407174#msg1407174 date=1369249516]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]Say what now?  AJ Jeffery?  Did he transfer from CE King? [/b]  Just asked my sons and they confirmed.  WOW.  We must have the same scouting program as Katy...lol.  YES!  They should definitely give him a shot a RB.  He's got better stats than any of our guys from last year ...granted we passed a lot and CE King was a running team.  I'll be at the Spring Ball game as will the rest of our district fans.
[/quote]
wow, your really up to speed on SC football. kinda like your enrollment numbers.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1407286" timestamp="1369263282"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407269#msg1407269 date=1369261134]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[b]Say what now?  AJ Jeffery?  Did he transfer from CE King? [/b]  Just asked my sons and they confirmed.  WOW.  We must have the same scouting program as Katy...lol.  YES!  They should definitely give him a shot a RB.  He's got better stats than any of our guys from last year ...granted we passed a lot and CE King was a running team.  I'll be at the Spring Ball game as will the rest of our district fans.
[/quote]
wow, your really up to speed on SC football. kinda like your enrollment numbers.
[/quote]

Don't hate just because you live in the sticks.  You have a class of 75 kids because everyone left Vidor.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407292" timestamp="1369263967"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=111838.msg1407286#msg1407286 date=1369263282]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407269#msg1407269 date=1369261134]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Don't hate just because you live in the sticks.  You have a class of 75 kids because everyone left Vidor.
[/quote]
not hating (that's your mo) just pointing out your lack of knowledge about your own team.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1407315" timestamp="1369266203"]
The only knowledge I need about my team is they opened a can of whoop a** on Vidor.  The conversation begins and ends there.  I mean, can you name any teams in Beaumont that beat SC?
[/quote]
hey, we acknowledged that loss and gave credit to SC. we didn't whine about enrollment numbers like you did with G-town which by the UIL's COUNT ACTUALLY WAS A BIT SMALLER SCHOOL.

[quote name="Richard Cranium" post="1407319" timestamp="1369266446"]
Summer Eve will be like last year a couple rounds and a cloud of dust.
[/quote]

Huh?  What team do you support?

Also your name says it all about you.  Richard a.k.a. "d_ck."  Cranium a.k.a "head." 

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1407323" timestamp="1369266590"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111838.msg1407315#msg1407315 date=1369266203]
The only knowledge I need about my team is they opened a can of whoop a** on Vidor.  The conversation begins and ends there.  I mean, can you name any teams in Beaumont that beat SC?
[/quote]
hey, we acknowledged that loss and gave credit to SC. we didn't whine about enrollment numbers like you did with G-town which by the UIL's COUNT ACTUALLY WAS A BIT SMALLER SCHOOL.
[/quote]

There is a distinct advantage schools have during their 1st year dropping down.  We saw it with Humble as well.  The real G-Town will stand up this year.  SC was ROBBED of our birth rite.  The UiL added to the pain by setting us up against G-Town in round 2.  That game should have been to determine who went to state.  Neverland and Angleton had no business playing after week 2.  SC would have stomped either squad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics