Top 30 Player Ranking

When they played Hull D. Where he had 29 or something like that. He is behind Williamson, Kerr, and Thompson because in my heart, I think they are better. And plus Letsinger hurt his wrist, and didn't suit up for a game. Im not taking anything away for your "kids", don't think that. I think they are where they need to be for right now.  ;D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allsportsfan

Letsinger and Copeland should be higher and individually Letsinger should be just ahead of Copeland and not the other way around.

But I am not sure you have some of the others right either.

Guest BobcatBeliever

Dayton has won 9 of their last 10 games.  They have beaten HJ, BH, Vidor, and Central who have a combined total of 7 players on your top 30 list!!!!

Once again....no respect!

Just goes to show you that all this Pre-Season, Top whatever, can be somewhat inaccurate and ALOT of good kids get left out!  I've yet to figure out what's the point.

I agree with you Bobcat Believer.  There are MANY good athletes out there that get overlooked.  I realize this is just one person's opinion, but Dayton continually gets left out.

Hats off to SETXsports for giving Dayton their due recogntion with the SETXsports All Area Football team.  We appreciate you.

However, did any of you notice that not ONE Dayton football player was named to the Beaumont Enterprise All SE Texas team?  Not one!  Undefeated district champs and the Enterprise didn't feel that any Dayton athlete was deserving?! The Enterprise also did not cover our 2 playoff games even though we were representing the Golden Triangle.    If anyone out there knows someone at the Enterprise, you might want to suggest better coverage of ALL teams in the district. Whether you wanted us or not.....we're a part of it!

After apprehension, the vast majority of the people in Dayton are glad we are in the new district.  I hear many complements from parents/players/coaches about the quality of competition and the awesome fan support in the Golden Triangle.

I have seen almost all of these kids play this year with the exception of West Hardin and Barbers Hill so I can't speak for them, but I think the list is pretty good.  Of course everyone has their own opinion and bias, but the only way to put together a good list is to see the kids play.  Stats don't tell the whole story. 

Guest OFballer

I agree with Bluedevil on the Broussard kid.  He plays very hard.  I know Coach McCarter is very proud of how far this kid has come.  Everyone gave up on him but McCarter.  If he continues to listen to his coach, he will be a top player in this district. 

I have'nt see all these kids play either, and do agree with your top 30, but what happened to Copeland, what a gutsy performance against Big Sandy last night. He kept his team in the game the 1st half, 18 out of 26. I think he was right there with his teammate(Letsinger) last week. What a shot Letsinger had at the end of the 3rd in BS, 93ft. WOW, Hi-light real for sure, ESPN material.

I have'nt see all these kids play either, and do agree with your top 30, but what happened to Copeland, what a gutsy performance against Big Sandy last night. He kept his team in the game the 1st half, 18 out of 26. I think he was right there with his teammate(Letsinger) last week. What a shot Letsinger had at the end of the 3rd in BS, 93ft. WOW, Hi-light real for sure, ESPN material.

Wow, you've sure generated a lot of discussion with your top 30...Congrats!:)  From reading some of the replies, I can see that Tyler Copeland from West Hardin has been on the list but isn't now.  Last Friday he hit 6 out of 10 three's and last night he stepped up and led his team when Letsinger was sick.  And he's just a sophomore! . Last year he was named Newcomer of the Year when they were in 2A w/ Kountze and EC, and he's improved like crazy even since then!  I believe he deserves to be on there.  And, how come a hurt wrist affects Brandon Letsinger's status on the list?  This is a list of the Top 30 players, right? ...not players of the week, but just who the best players are.  Letsinger's been hit hard this past week with a severely sprained wrist (thought it was broken for several days) and now with a bug that has totally wiped him out the past three or four days, but that doesn't change what kind of basketball player he is or the talent he has!  Just something to think about...keep up your list!

I have know problem with the list, infact there are alot more than 30 good players in the triangle area, EC, Kountz, HJ, WOS, WB, OZEN, just to name a few. But give a little credit where credit is due, WH was the only undefeated team in the State (boys) to my knowledge. So that should say a little something. Its hard to please everyone, so keep up the good work. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder