Nederland at Livingston Game Thread/Nederland wins 3-2!

Great game by both pitchers.Each team had a couple of defensive errors that led to runs but both pitchers limited the damage.It was a very good ball game to watch because the home plate umpire made the pitchers throw the ball over the plate.He did not give a big outside corner and the pitchers were still good enough to rack up a lot of strike-outs.I have seen all of the Dogs games this year and IMO the home plate umpire was the best I have seen. Big win for the Dogs hope they can keep rolling.

What I was most impressed with was both pitchers...I had thought (maybe hoped is a better word) that Lantrip might be off after throwing 7 innings just this past Friday and being on short rest...he was not and pitched extremely well...by my count, the Dogs managed 6 hits against him...Sanderson was equally impressive and his velocity in the 7th was as good as it was in the first...Sanderson also helped out offensively as he had a double and a sac fly...Shaw was 2-3 and Wood and Feltman added RBI's...Shaw and Barrow scored the first 2 runs, I don't recall who scored the last one...Raines added a hit as well early in the game...good win for teh Dogs, now on 2 two tough games with LCM and PNG

Great post Razor I could not agree with you more.The big difference in this game was Robbins  gamble on a shallow fly ball to send Barrow with two outs.I thought it was a great aggressive decision and ended up being the difference in the game.Livingston had the same situation late on a little bit deeper fly ball and decided to play it safe.The decision did not pay off.Another note.I do not know if there is a tougher ball park to hit during night games.The poor lighting tall mound and lights on behind the center field wall makes Livingston a pitchers paradise. 

Razor the third run was Sanderson"s double that scored Tyler Spell was courtesy running.It was a big hit by Feltman right after the sac. bunt attempt failed.Sanderson's ability to get strike-outs in big situations was huge last night.Striking out the side in the seventh was a ! on his outing.Hitting and pitching Sanderson has been clutch!

you are correct on the last run...the decision to send Barrow on a shallow fly to rf was big, but it paid off and I think, all things considered, I thnk it was the right decision...based on what I had seen, I would have forced someone to throw a runner out

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder