Jump to content

NorthoftheBorder

Members
  • Posts

    3,331
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NorthoftheBorder

  1. The Hemming hit was big no doubt, but Beard smashed Doty. He tried to jaw a little bit, but then he stumbled over to the sideline and fell to the ground in pain. The hits we big on both sides of the ball. The diffence in the game in my opinion was the Lumberton D never did pressure Tatum in the pocket. Give credit to the PNG O-line.
  2. I notice you didn't put Beard's hit on Doty, he stumbled back to the sideline and then collapsed to the ground.
  3. PNG has great tradition, great spirit, and community support. They are the envy of all the other programs in the area as far as long term success and support (and that includes WOS as well). All the fans that I know personally are a credit to the school and and good people. Most all the PNG fans on this board, although confident about the Indians chances to win were gracious winners. NewIndian, however has chosen the low road. Despite how he conducts himself, I will continue to pull for the Indians to do well. It just wouldn't be right to pull against them because of one bad apple. Matt Burnett has always been a class guy and deserves to be a winner. My hats off to the Indians for last nights victory. It wasn't given to you, you earned it. Now, go out and run the table on 22-4A
  4. Lumberton enrollment this year is between 1050 and 1100 students. Not going 5A anytime soon, if ever. The elementary schools student enrollment projects a 1300-1400 High school enrollment for the future. The whole Golden Triangle will have to have overall double digit growth before Lumberton will explode to the level that would push 5A status (which the floor will probably be 2000 for the next realignment). If we have double digit growth in the triangle, then the Mid County schools might get to 5A before Lumberton.
  5. I have been struggling with why the Ned fans are unanimously picking their arch rival PNG. Duh! I finally figured it out. Sorry I was so slow. If Lumberton comes in to the Reservation and beats PNG, it doesn't bode well for the week 10 game in Lumberton on Ned's schedule. The L'Train isn't going to get any love from Mid County the rest of the way out.
  6. I saw Hemmings play last year. He has deceptive speed and is a bruiser. All teams will have to work hard to contain him.
  7. I've never failed to see a group of players and coaches who didn't kneel and pray when one of their teamates or oponents were down on the field with a serious injury. All smack talk aside, when we are faced with a situation that is beyond our control, that is when we realize that God is God and we are not. DME1111, please pray for the Raiders this week. I won't ask you to pray for them when they play your beloved Bulldogs.
  8. Mr Mosely, what is Micah's 40 time? My guess it is definately 4.5 or lower. He is too good a back to with breakaway speed to not be in this class.
  9. All your feelings are wrapped around Dayton winning the District. That shades every opinion you have. I don't think you will grant it, but it is also very conceivable that Dayton could lose to both Nederland and PNG and be totally out of it.
  10. As great as PNG's tradition and success has been, they have been beaten at the Reservation before.
  11. Purple4Ever, not taking anything away from the Broncos, but how do you figure that Dayton was such a poor team with Dugat at QB? You played a very good Friendswood team to within 3 points with him at the helm. I for one don't buy that argument. Looks to me like WOS is the best team in 22-4A wouldn't you say.
  12. Soulja, were you at the JV & Fish game last night? I left after the fish game but my sources said Lumberton had 11 turnovers. Did Central play that good & Lumberton that bad?
  13. Dayton did play Vidor I presume?
  14. Is there a complete 4A Poll?
  15. I think that the kids in the technology class at LHS have to much time on their hands. Kids, get busy doing real work!
  16. Now thats funny :D :D
  17. Or maybe Nederland didn't show up the second half. If we are going by wins, looks to me that the real proof that Lumberton might be for real is either PNG or Nederland. That said theirs no doubt that this will be a tough test and an important game for both teams if they want to make the playoffs. My guess is the coaches from both schools are not as confident as the fans on this board.
  18. Shocker in NO particular order: Nederland Lumberton PNG Best chance to move out one of those three: Dayton Biggest Surprise of not Making it: Bmt Central
  19. Dayton wasn't slow. Just ask Ozen.
  20. I taking PNG in a close one that may go down as one of the all time classics in the rivalry.
  21. I don't think they are overrated. I think they are a good football team that is gaining in confidence and will be a factor in the district race, in fact is already a factor. If the injury bug doesn't get them they have a chance to do something special. It's difficult to not respond in kind with the spiteful comments. I didn't realize so many people were so insucure with the fact that a program they could always count on to not finishing in the money might turn their world upside down.
  22. The penalty was called on the sideline. Go figure that one out.
×
×
  • Create New...