4-A Projections

This is an edited version from a story I came across  out of Houston.

Below is a projection of the Region 3 top four teams within the 4A  [color=red], which was written this past December.

"The 4A bracket of Region 3 is much harder to predict at this time.  Here are the teams who are making their mark as Top Shelf."

[color=black]Terry Rangers -  Anytime you have Derrick Griffin in the lineup, you have some serious odds on your side.  Once he gains his basketball legs, expect him to rack up a few triple doubles before the season ends.  The only way any of these 4A teams are beating Terry is to shoot it very well from the outside.

Wheatley Wildcats  -  Tavario Miller is playing his butt off!  The team has just enough guard speed to stay a step ahead of most opponents.  The key will be how often they feed Miller the rock is places where he can be most effective near the rim.

Marshall Buffs -  the most under-rated 4A team in the state!  This team has all the tools to not only knock off any other Top Shelf team, but they can actually win 6 straight in the playoffs.  Damien Day has been in the starting lineup since 9th grade, but long armed lefty Curtis Bynum has emerged as the go to guy on this squad.  He posted 37pts last week in a win over Westfield.

[color=red]Beaumont Central Jaguars -  [/color]these guys have to experience but something is still missing from the equation.  Once they attain that killer instinct on the floor, combined with more spacing and toughness on the interior, they could become very capable of running through the playoff bracket.[/color]

Others:  [color=black] Dawson, [color=red] Nederland,[/color]  Brazosport,[/color]  [color=red]Beaumont Ozen..[/color]

[color=black]"Two months later, I feel pretty much the same in regards to my projections for the Top 4 teams in both of those classifications.  However, the ink is still wet on Terry HS (4A) and Manvel (5A).  In the "Others" category,[color=red] I would not put much stock into[/color] Dawson or [color=red]Ozen's capability to win at least 4 consecutive post season games. [/color] "  :o :o Man, I 'd hang this article up in the locker room..........[/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder