West Hardin Knocks off HD

Guest orangeman

West Hardin 76, Hull-Daisetta 60. The Oilers were led by Letsinger's 29 points and 10 rebounds. Jared Tomlinson scored 22 points and pulled down 14 rebounds. Zach Simmons and Tyler Copeland chipped in 11 & 10. Letsinger also had a shot block that you had to see to believe. He was so high when he rejected the lay-up attempt that he smacked his EAR on the backboard... sick! The win moves the Oilers to 16-0 overall and 2-0 in district. The loss drops H-D to 8-8 overall and 2-1 in district. Big road win for the Oilers.

great job to both teams! let me be the first to say hail letsinger he is a step above every one else on the court! good job oilers and bobcats.oilers really have a chance to play for a long time this year, good luck. would like to say congrads to the fans of both sides cheered hard but behaved! what do you think about refs a daisetta now whalum? i thought they called a fair game missed a couple both ways they r human. a positive for HD we are better when we run. and at one time tonight we had 5 soph. on the floor. godwin 16 elliott 9 (great hustle) i thought letsinger had more than 29 copeland (not sure)but shot is money and got a couple of cheep fouls(good game sugar) and the sleeper for me was tomlinson (great hustle and right place right time) PROUD HD DAD AND OILER UNCLE! I HOPE 1ST AND 2ND IN DISTRICT

NOT POSATIVE BUT AT END OF 1ST QUATER ITHINK IT WAS HD BY 4 AT HALF I THINK IT WAS WH BY 2. THEN AGE AND EXPERIENCE TOOK OVER. HD NEEDS TO IMPROVE ON FREETHROWS. NOT SURE WHAT THEY SHOT FROM LINE BUT PROB 10 OF 20. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO LIBERTY  THAT WE LOST AND DID NOT THROW A FIT IF YOUR TEAM GIVES THEIR BEST THATS ALL THEY CAN DO. I TALKED TO ALOT OF WH FANS AFTER GAME AND FELT OVERALL WAS A CLASS ACT TONIGHT ALL THE WAY AROUND

Well said ELL, this was the first game i was able to see this year and was a little worried about the officials by reading the comments from the previous games, they were not a factor in this game. HD come out fast and determined and got the oilers attention. WH did slow it down and earned the victory in this game. Great game from Tomlinson underneath and Letsinger was solid. Good Luck to the Oilers and Bobcats. Good luck Sam.

Guest orangeman

HD led by 2 after the 1st. WH by 6 at half, and 16 when it was over. I also thought that compared to what I had heard about the officiating at HD, it was pretty fair both ways. WH saw much worst officiating at Spurger last weekend.

Guest allsportsfan

The officiating was better than some we have seen. However, # 12(HD) got to grabbing Letsingers jersey in the second half. More than once or twice. My understandinding of the rules is that you can't grab the jersey and hold. Help me if I am wrong.

Also, #21 for WH got fowled a few times with no call as well as #3. If they had called the reaching and holding that was going on with Letsinger WH would have scored more.

That said, the lady and man refs worked as a team and did pretty well over all. 

Guest allsportsfan

I am glad they got to play also, but they still need to call real fouls and let some cheap ones like #5 got go. They called two on him that I don't think should have been called. They didn't call some when # 23 and #21 got fowled visibly.

Not trying to be petty here, but some of those they should have gotten.

That said, the guy was one of the best I have seen this year. 

Thanks for the props, HD playeed a hard game and experience preveiled.  WH has a ton of senior leadership and it shows. 

There were fouls missed on both sides.  But, I will say I will take the misses with a two person crew. A three person crew really slows down the game and the game really gets nit picky. 

People complain about the officials at HD, but they do a good job of keeping games under control.  You have to play Basketball, not streetball like some other chapters.

Anyways, good game by all involved.

Guest allsportsfan

Chicken or  Duck?

No need for sarcism friend.

HD is a good, talented team. Good young players that will be very competitive when they learn to play together better and gel more. Point guard, 2 guard,      forward, post, all pretty good for any team. They just need to learn how to put it all together.

The officiating was very decent. I will agree with being able to live with the missed calls because they were professional and kept the game under control.

Well said shermdog! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont