Vidor Baseball

Titan4

Vidor has some very talented ball players coming back this year, just wondering what the Pirate faith full, and anyone familiar with the kids that play at Vidor, thought about returning pitchers, defensive positions, and hitting.

I see Eric Foshe and John Smith as our 1-2. They should be as solid as any other pitchers in the district. With a few others filling in N. Foshe, P. Fregia, and D. Croft to name a few.

Defensively I am wondering who will start at short? Croft and Fregia are the two best options IMO. I don't think cooper is playing this year so the outfield is WIDE open. Tyler Sanford looked well during the fall, but he is a soph. With no varsity experience, if he is one of the three that still leaves 2 positions to fill. We will be solid at catcher with Schrilla returning.

Hitting should be improved this year with most of our lineup back. Can't wait for Jan. 25th the last 2 months have been agonizing with no baseball. GO PIRATES!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Went to the Firiday night practice and the Saturday inner squad scrimage. The starting line up should be close to this. catcher C. Schrilla, 1st base N. Foshe , 2nd J. Taylor, SS P. Fregia, 3rd D. Croft, center J. Stevenson, the other 2 outfield positions should come down to three players W. Parks, T. Sanford, and M. More.      Pitching and defense looked solid during the scrimage. J. Smith, and E. Foshe loooked really good and will be as good as any other 1-2 in the district, several other kids pitched and looked good as well. The bats looked good a few to many fly ballls but that will be taken care of with a little time in the cages. Over all i am really excited to watch this team in action. Sept 4 first scrimage against Jasper at Vidor.GO PIRATES!!!

Guest kountzemania
I love the the Croft kid, great ball player with a strong arm and good stick. Would love him even more if we had him in Kountze! LOL, but hope he has a great year good kid!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83