**EAST CHAMBERS TOURNEY UPDATES**

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360464" timestamp="1357095719"]
Of course, you know all about Silsbee. (and yet you claim to know specifics about a Silsbee player who graduated in 2011) You are a seasoned, highly connected basketball coach who can out recruit anybody.  No need to try that.  If you want to use Central, so be it- I refer you back, then to the Ron Jackson/Kenyon Spears analogy.  How do you compare the schedules of a 3-a school and a 4-a school?  Let me give you a hint, that you really shoudnt need.  HJ had no idea that the ozen JV would be in the tourney.  They also had no idea that the Ozen JV would be in their same bracket.  They also had no idea that three teams would withdraw from the tourney at the last minute.  So to suggest what you have suggested, once again, makes you look less than credible.  And one more thing,- I guess Clemson forgot today what a superior schedule is played by LSU
[/quote]

You speak nonsense. When Ron Jackson played central was 5a. Ron didn't have to walk on. And Stallworth was on the recruiting list but was over shadowed because he was a 6'4 center his senior year. Which d1 will recruit a 6'4 center? The whole tournament was sub par. Look at the final score of the championship game. Where was the competition? That was easy wins besides Ozen jv. They just made it seem weaker. The Gamble had openings.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree- Jackson was a product of 5-a, supposedly the hardest schedule and Spears from lowly HJ where they play only easy teams.  Who was more productive at Lamar?  Several posts ago, you said grades were the problem and now you say height was the problem- which was it?  Who would want a 6'4" center?  Probably a lot more than a 6'1" center like Rideaux.

If the HJ schedule is so "harmful" to those for whom you are so concerned, why didnt you give him your worldly advice to stay where he began?  After all, HJ has been playing that same soft schedule for a very long time, including 2009 as a state semi finalist and 2007 as the state champion.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360468" timestamp="1357096671"]
Disagree- Jackson was a product of 5-a, supposedly the hardest schedule and Spears from lowly HJ where they play only easy teams.  Who was more productive at Lamar?  Several posts ago, you said grades were the problem and now you say height was the problem- which was it?  Who would want a 6'4" center?  Probably a lot more than a 6'1" center like Rideaux.
[/quote]

In recent years that has been central's problem. Name me 4 players who came out of central and went straight to d1 since Jackson. But I bet I can name 10 who had to go to juco because of grades. You talking about Jackson like that wasn't early 90s. We are talking now. If I'm not mistaken Jackson had a scholarship to Lamar coming out of high school and didn't have to earn one like spears did. Not saying spears wasn't good enough because he was but like most small school prospects, they have to prove they self once they get there because coaches don't think they are ready.

No - you ARE mistaken- Jackson came to Lamar from Tyler JC, so he had to prove himself just like Spears did.  You still never answered my question:  Who had the more productive career at Lamar?  The player who came from a 5A school with the "tough" schedule or the player who came from a little old 3-a school that never plays anybody?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360475" timestamp="1357097853"]
No - you ARE mistaken- Jackson came to Lamar from Tyler JC, so he had to prove himself just like Spears did.  You still never answered my question:  Who had the more productive career at Lamar?  The player who came from a 5A school with the "tough" schedule or the player who came from a little old 3-a school that never plays anybody?
[/quote]
So my point was proven. He he went to juco. Was given a scholarship from Tyler where as spears had to earn his scholarship. Don't matter who had the more productive career. He had to prove hisself when he had amazing numbers in high school,but why? He wasn't battle tested

Spears held out for a larger school/scholarship and made a mistake doing so.  jackson was offered a junior college scholarship and took it.  Going to a jc is another way of "proving" oneself.  And yes, it does matter who did better at lamar.  You are saying it doesnt because it doesnt bolster your point.  If HJ had played at the Gamble tourney, it would have no (Zero-nada) on the basketball future of the individual for whom you are concerened

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360483" timestamp="1357098955"]
Spears held out for a larger school/scholarship and made a mistake doing so.  jackson was offered a junior college scholarship and took it.  Going to a jc is another way of "proving" oneself.  And yes, it does matter who did better at lamar.  You are saying it doesnt because it doesnt bolster your point.  If HJ had played at the Gamble tourney, it would have no (Zero-nada) on the basketball future of the individual for whom you are concerened
[/quote]

Why are you keep going back to one individual. That has nothing to do with playing in a weaker tournament. He is taken care of. Juco also say 9 times out of 10 their grades wasn't good enough to get in d1. Some of the best players go juco and never make it out. Nobody go to juco and turn down d1 offers if they had grades. Name me the last HJ player that went d1 straight out of high school

SHANNN HOLMES AND GENE ISABELL.    Who cares about that.  The whole point being made is that the coaching staff is CONSIDERABLY better qualified to make scheduling decisions than you are.  You started this by saying that the schedule hurts college prospects for HJ players and I am saying that playing Gamble instead of EC means NOTHING at all and has Zero bearing on their chance to advance their careers. 

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360490" timestamp="1357099710"]
SHANNN HOLMES AND GENE ISABELL.    Who cares about that.  The whole point being made is that the coaching staff is CONSIDERABLY better qualified to make scheduling decisions than you are.  You started this by saying that the schedule hurts college prospects for HJ players and I am saying that playing Gamble instead of EC means NOTHING at all and has Zero bearing on their chance to advance their careers.
[/quote]

Okay nash if you say so. Mr HJ protector. Tell me how many college coaches were at EC tournament. If you believe what you just said you need to check the cigarette you puffing on

Doesnt matter one bit if there were any coaches there.  If there is a good player at a small school, the recruiting system is sophisticated enough to know about them.  Prudhomme got lots of looks and so did Donahoe based on virtually the same schedule.  One d-1 coach came to a playoff game last year to look at Prudhomme and came away interested in Bosha.  Stop trying to suggest that a kid from a small school is going to get a scholarship simply by playing in a specific tourney.  Once again, you dont look too smart trying to suggest that you know more than the HJ coaching staff about how they should structure its schedule.  In fact, it really looks very silly. 

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360499" timestamp="1357100555"]
Doesnt matter one bit if there were any coaches there.  If there is a good player at a small school, the recruiting system is sophisticated enough to know about them.  Prudhomme got lots of looks and so did Donahoe based on virtually the same schedule.  One d-1 coach came to a playoff game last year to look at Prudhomme and came away interested in Bosha.  Stop trying to suggest that a kid from a small school is going to get a scholarship simply by playing in a specific tourney.  Once again, you dont look too smart trying to suggest that you know more than the HJ coaching staff about how they should structure its schedule.  In fact, it really looks very silly.
[/quote]

I look silly. Hahaha,and you sound like a genius. Nobody said I know more than HJ coaching staff. I know that tournament was weak and HJ didn't belong. And you keep believing level of competition matter to college coaches. All these great HJ records but only a few players go to d1 colleges. According to you numbers don't lie, well that's some numbed for you Nash

[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1360503" timestamp="1357100879"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107769.msg1360499#msg1360499 date=1357100555]
[/quote]

I look silly. Hahaha,and you sound like a genius. Nobody said I know more than HJ coaching staff. I know that tournament was weak and HJ didn't belong. And you keep believing level of competition matter to college coaches. All these great HJ records but only a few players go to d1 colleges. According to you numbers don't lie, well that's some numbed for you Nash
[/quote]      and if hj had played a schedule that pleases you, they would have no more or no less kids playing in college than they do now.  funny u never told me why DUGAT started at BAYLOR despite being from Dayton where the schedule was never very difficult

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360444" timestamp="1357093030"]
How tough were the schedules of Normangees Joseph Jones before he played at A&M?  Same goes for Shaq at San Antonio Cole
[/quote]I Guess his jr.year was they got beat in reg.3 the 1st round.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1360508" timestamp="1357101451"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107769.msg1360444#msg1360444 date=1357093030]
How tough were the schedules of Normangees Joseph Jones before he played at A&M?  Same goes for Shaq at San Antonio Cole
[/quote]    Point was that if u r at small school and r good, the recruiting system will know about you and your playing schedule will have  little if any effect on whether or not u get a college scholarship

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
I know Ron and we had just talked about this the other day he had a few mid-major and major colleges recruiting him but he said his grades at the time weren't great they were ok but not great which is why he went to Tyler JC...Then he went to Lamar and had a pretty solid career.....

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360506" timestamp="1357101407"]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=107769.msg1360503#msg1360503 date=1357100879]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107769.msg1360499#msg1360499 date=1357100555]
[/quote]

[/quote]      and if hj had played a schedule that pleases you, they would have no more or no less kids playing in college than they do now.  funny u never told me why DUGAT started at BAYLOR despite being from Dayton where the schedule was never very difficult
[/quote]

Dayton was a 4a school at the time. And hancock followed in his brother footsteps and the best one had to go to juco firsf. Ashton was a 6'4 wing man. One of a kind in kountze. That's 4 players from kountze out of all these great records kountze has had since the David green era.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360513" timestamp="1357101764"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=107769.msg1360508#msg1360508 date=1357101451]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107769.msg1360444#msg1360444 date=1357093030]
[/quote]    Point was that if u r at small school and r good, the recruiting system will know about you and your playing schedule will have  little if any effect on whether or not u get a college scholarship
[/quote]

Small school players get overlooked because most coaches don't think the level of competition they playing against is not good enough unless they playing in a good AAU program.

[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1360515" timestamp="1357101958"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107769.msg1360506#msg1360506 date=1357101407]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=107769.msg1360503#msg1360503 date=1357100879]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dayton was a 4a school at the time. And hancock followed in his brother footsteps and the best one had to go to juco firsf. Ashton was a 6'4 wing man. One of a kind in kountze. That's 4 players from kountze out of all these great records kountze has had since the David green era.
[/quote]      they played d-1 because they were good enough and not because of their schedule- the recruiting system was aware of them and they were not recruited because of playing in a specific tourney

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360518" timestamp="1357102296"]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=107769.msg1360515#msg1360515 date=1357101958]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107769.msg1360506#msg1360506 date=1357101407]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]      they played d-1 because they were good enough and not because of their schedule- the recruiting system was aware of them and they were not recruited because of playing in a specific tourney
[/quote]

4 out of a hundred great players with grades and you think that proves a point. You need help. So all the other players that played at the great HJ wasn't good enough but had 25-3 records and went deep in the playoffs wasn't good enough. Well you keep defending great records against against weak competition. Call me when they bring a state ring home

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1360513" timestamp="1357101764"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=107769.msg1360508#msg1360508 date=1357101451]
[/quote]U bet they will fine u.they don't at your schedule ethey .could  care less.

[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1360521" timestamp="1357102596"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=107769.msg1360518#msg1360518 date=1357102296]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=107769.msg1360515#msg1360515 date=1357101958]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

4 out of a hundred great players with grades and you think that proves a point. You need help. So all the other players that played at the great HJ wasn't good enough but had 25-3 records and went deep in the playoffs wasn't good enough. Well you keep defending great records against against weak competition. Call me when they bring a state ring home
[/quote]    Competition is always tough in the playoffs.  no easy teams at that point-  as i said (and you refuse to acknowledge) playoff record since 2007 is 23-5 and it includes two appearances in Austin and a state championship..  You very simply cant "talk that away' no matter how hard you try.  As for your "call me" comment, why dont you "call me" when a local team does better

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83