Deweyville in 2013

DP70

How will Deweyville do in the 2013 season? You may choose two options.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How will Deweyville do in the 2013 season? You may choose two options.

• District Champions
    • 2nd place
    • 3rd place
    • No playoffs.
    • 5-0 in district
    • 4-1 in district
    • 3-2 in district
    • 2-3 in district
    • 1-4 in district
    • 0-5 in district

Deweyville loses 11 seniors. We return our tackle's on the line, quarterback, fullback, runningback, and utility player. On Defense, we return some D-linemen, and both safeties. I think that's all. So far we have put an O-line together that looks to be as big as last year, but not sure about as physical. District will be tougher next year with a good Groveton JV moving up to varsity, and Corrigan will be tougher. Not too sure about New Waverly. Anderson and Hemphill will be the same IMO.

I think it's a possibility to go undefeated. 7-3 at worst losing to SA, CC, and Groveton.

What do yall think about next year's Deweyville Pirates?

HD vs. Deweyville will be a great game next season. A full year of Coach Finney's offseason program and a year of learning Huckabay's offense will make HD very tough. That is taking into account that HD loses only 4 starters to graduation and will return the district MVP, district Defensive MVP, their starting and backup QB, top 3 WR's, top 6 rushers, 3 starting offensive linemen and 10 of 11 defensive starters.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1354599" timestamp="1355441047"]
HD vs. Deweyville will be a great game next season. A full year of Coach Finney's offseason program and a year of learning Huckabay's offense will make HD very tough. That is taking into account that HD loses only 4 starters to graduation and will return the district MVP, district Defensive MVP, their starting and backup QB, top 3 WR's, top 6 rushers, 3 starting offensive linemen and 10 of 11 defensive starters.
[/quote]

I agree. Should be an exciting game, not like in the past where Deweyville got blown out, and not like recently where it was the opposite, but much more even. There has already been improvement in the weight room with Coach Babin's offseason program as well. A lot of our kids are reppin out their max. And yes, when run right, the slot-t can be nasty.

[quote name="DP8036" post="1354369" timestamp="1355415427"]
Deweyville loses 11 seniors. We return our tackle's on the line, quarterback, fullback, runningback, and utility player. On Defense, we return some D-linemen, and both safeties. I think that's all. So far we have put an O-line together that looks to be as big as last year, but not sure about as physical. District will be tougher next year with a good Groveton JV moving up to varsity, and Corrigan will be tougher. Not too sure about New Waverly. Anderson and Hemphill will be the same IMO.

I think it's a possibility to go undefeated. 7-3 at worst losing to SA, CC, and Groveton.

[/quote]
10-0 is a real possibility. SA will be a win as they are losing 18 seniors. Groveton should be a win. CC may be the toughest game depending on how they regroup. Thier sub varsity teams all appear to have talent.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1354668" timestamp="1355450180"]
[quote author=DP8036 link=topic=107432.msg1354369#msg1354369 date=1355415427]

[/quote]
10-0 is a real possibility. SA will be a win as they are losing 18 seniors. Groveton should be a win. CC may be the toughest game depending on how they regroup. Thier sub varsity teams all appear to have talent.
[/quote]

Groveton beat our JV 33-8, or somethin like that, so they have a good group of kids comin up considerin our JV went undefeated until then. Corrigan, from what I've been told, has a really good soph and frosh class. This year our JV beat SA by a TD. Guess we'll have to wait.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1354599" timestamp="1355441047"]
[/quote]

I completley agree.  Coach Babin has Deweyville headed in the same direction as Coach Finney has HD headed.  Both of these programs will be better next year than they were this year.  Looking forward to this match up in predistrict next season. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83