Kelly schedule...?

Kelly played LCM at home the second game of the season.  Other than that we only have 4 more home games.  We will probably play 32 games this year and have only 5 home games.  I don't know but maybe coach doesn't like to hassle with getting refs, concession stand workers, time clock operators, book keepers, and ticket takers.  It's easier to just show up wherever and play.  I'm glad gas prices have gone down some cause all these trips to Lake Charles, Houston, Huntington, etc. get expensive. 

[quote name="bmtcpa87" post="1353884" timestamp="1355320974"]
Kelly played LCM at home the second game of the season.  Other than that we only have 4 more home games.  We will probably play 32 games this year and have only 5 home games.  I don't know but maybe coach doesn't like to hassle with getting refs, concession stand workers, time clock operators, book keepers, and ticket takers.  It's easier to just show up wherever and play.  I'm glad gas prices have gone down some cause all these trips to Lake Charles, Houston, Huntington, etc. get expensive.
[/quote]

I would think the kids would wanna shoot at their home goal sometimes...I would also think the student body would like some home games..

Mass is during the day...no dances (i dont think..maybe 1 in Feb) during basketball season

aside from the refs..the rest are parents or service hours...Kelly parents/clubs are usually pretty good at stepping up..

It really hasn't been an issue with the gym being used for other things.  And yes the boys would like to play some home games, but before this year no students came to the games anyway.  Vice Principal Reed has done a great job of building school spirit in the student body.  We had a large student section at the LCM game and we had at least 100 to 150 students at the PNG game (at PNG).  They stand the entire game, do chants, etc.  It's fun for the players.  He is helping to organize buses to bring students to the St. Pius and St. Thomas games in Houston.  Those schools usually have huge students sections at their home games, so it should be interesting.

As far as parents/clubs stepping up, that may be true with football but it has been a problem in basketball the last couple of years.  We have played several home games with no concession stands because we couldn't get people to work.  People would do it, but there has't been an organized effort to make it happen.

When I played at Kelly we had more away games than home also. Not as big a difference as this year but there was one. Even though players would like to possibly play more home games, away games help set you up for playoffs and state. St. Thomas is a hostile environment so players need to be placed in similar environments so they won't get rattled by the Recklin Rowdies (or whatever they call themselves) as well as other outside interference.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83